cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Build Year and miles on your chassis

Williebago
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2003 Dolphin is on a Workhorse W22 with 8.1 Vortec/Allison 1000 five speed transmission. It has 79,000 miles, of which about 25,000 have been towing a 1999 Grand Cherokee. I am hoping for 70,000 more over about 7 years.

No problems so far and all routine service is done on schedule. I have run Transynd in the transmission and full synthetic Quaker State in the engine.

What is your coach, chassis, year, engine/transmission, miles and your expectations for the future?
[purple]WILLIEBAGO[/purple]

2019 Newmar Baystar 3626, F53, 252"WB with 6.8L gas engine
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Toad
2 cockapoos, Jordy and Nelson, who love RVing

[purple]Go K-State Wildcats[/purple]
26 REPLIES 26

Williebago
Explorer
Explorer
J-Rooster

So how many miles on your rig and how many more years and miles are you hoping for without major mechanical issues?

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Late 03 with Cummin ISL 400 and 72K miles. See no reason why it's moot good for another 10-15 years .
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear from you Don we both joined RV.Net the same year a long time ago! I have a 2003 Winnebago Chassis on a 2004 Winnebago Coach, engine trans etc. same set up as you!

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Williebago wrote:

What is your coach, chassis, year, engine/transmission, miles and your expectations for the future?

1998 Country Coach,Gillig chassis,Detriot series 40,Allison 3060,67,000 miles.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Jam 2005 30,000 miles. One owner, me.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Explorer
Explorer
2000 Itasca with a V10. It has 80,000 miles on it without any problems nor has oil consumption, mpg, or anything else changed that might indicate things are soon to give out. I expect it to last at least another 10 years and 70,000 miles. It does sit in a shed when not in use and gets Mobil 1 engine and tranny oils.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

Williebago
Explorer
Explorer
Since the W22 and W24 have been around for a dozen years or so, I was just looking for people who have 100 to 150,000 miles on them and what there mechanical experience has been like.
I have been delighted so far, knock on wood.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
To the op, I don't see any reason why you could not go the length with it. Just keep up your maint, good fluids, good tire pressure, and go easy on the road!
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 60K miles on it now. Has the 3126-E Caterpillar engine on a Freightliner Neway chassis. Six speed Allison transmission. I do most of the maintenance, like oil changes, changing all the filters (except the air dryer filter) paid freightliner to do that. Lube all chassis parts that have zerk fittings. Has been a very good coach and expect it to last me half a million miles with that engine. The house part is solid, paint job after eleven years still looks new.

Have towed three different toads. Ford Ranger, Honda Pilot and now CRV.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
2001 Winnebago Brave, 17,000 miles, it had 9100 2 years ago when we bought it. Put on all new tires and an in tank fuel pump (not cheap) but we love it and hope to pull the Jeep to Texas this winter.
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
The Georgetown we have on the market right now is an '02 and it has just under 18,000 miles. The original purchasers ran it for 8 years and did about 12,000 miles. We've had it for four years (only used it for three) and put 5500 more on it.

Both the original owners and we are retirees. It has only ever been used by two people (and two Labradors since we've owned it). We're giving up the lifestyle because it has become too expensive. When we started out, gas was $1.60 and CG fees were typically $10 at SPs and $15 at commercial CGs. In 2013, the last time we took it out, gas in the small towns on the Oregon coast was up to $4.50 a gallon and the SP's were $28. We paid $40 at a KOA in Longview.

Incidentally, if anyone is interested in the RV, send me a PM and I'll give you all the details. It's with a consignment dealer in Burlington, WA.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

97 Winnebago Luxor--105,000+mi, Cummins 8.3 325hp, allison 6spd trans, 7500 diesel Onan Generator w/3000+hours on it. I almost always have a BIG enclosed trailer hooked to it. Gets full service once a year and problems have been few....biggest thing was I replaced the radiator because the fins were about gone and I knew sooner or later it was going to go. 1 blow out and a water hose gave up once.....guess I'll drive her till she drops because I can't afford a new one this nice and who knows what I would end up with buying used. It stays powered up all the time if that means anything.