cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cable TV

RealRV
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Fleetwood w/Direct satellite & cable as well as Local TV antenna . I have been in parks which offer cable and my inside front TV picks up the picture and my outside as well as back TV will not get cable???? Go to another park and all TV's pick up the cable. Any thought on way this is happening?????
6 REPLIES 6

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are now 4 different major types of cable and a few secondary

The major
NTSC: This is the old Analog Television, once all systems were like this
QAM (With sub settings) This is regular Digital Cable.. NOT ALL TELEVISIONS have a QAM decoder.. In fact the one brand that is still made (Actually once again made in the USA) does not decode QAM..

NTSC.. Some cable systems. like the one I'm on, Simply pass on the signal they get from Over the Air locals.. Do not change it to QAM as many others do.

ENCRYPTED: you need a "Set Top Box" for these, no matter your TV.

I have 3 TV's here too. one, when set to cable, does all 3 of the non-encrypted formats, QAM, ATSC and NTSC.. One only does NTSC and ATSC when on "Antenna" and QAM (or NTSC) on Cable (Will not display the digital channels on the local cable) the other two do all 3 when on cable ATSC, NTSC and Qam.

Very confusing.. thankfully I figured 'em out.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Some parks have digital cable and others have analog.

When all your TVs receive cable, my guess is that the park has analog.

When some of your TVs don't receive, the park has digital cable & the TVs that don't receive do not have QAM (ie, digital) tuners.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the front TV scans for both analog and digital and as said above, the rear TV doesn't. Like MaverickBBD said check and or fix that.

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
When you do a channel scan on back TV, what kind of cable does it search for? If it is not set on auto, do that and re scan.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a distribution panel the all the inputs go to? Could be that the selector buttons were disturbed and not allowing the signal to go to the other sets. Otherwise you may have a bad connection somewhere is the cable distribution system.
Wildmanbaker

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Cable signal may be a little low.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net