Rick and Sandy
2010 American Tradition 45ft
425 Cummins
GMC Envoy
7 REPLIES 7

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at High Meadow (Hershey Camping Resort) back in June. Nice place with room for big rigs. Like the other Jim said, there is a freight train that runs through there. I really don't recall it being an issue at night. During the day we were at the park. The shuttle is nice, too.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
I live close enough to drive out and back for the show. 222 has been good heading west towards Hershey and also heading back east after the show. As for camping at High Meadow. Everything said about it good is correct. HOWEVER there are active freight trains that deliver to the plant on a regular schedule!
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've stayed at Gifford Pinchot State Park, Little Buffalo State Park another time. Little Buffalo was the better of the two. This close to the show dates getting reservations might be difficult at the closer camp grounds.

Regardless of where you stay avoid US322 between Harrisburg and Hershey. The back up is usually 2+ hours Saturday morning.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We really like Highmeadow and were there with a 35' TT bunkhouse. Sites are not large, but we had room between us to put out our slide and awning and had a few extra feet before our neighbors' awnings or slides.

As stated, it's close if you are going to Hershey park and has a shuttle running, at least in the summer. The pools are nice and the showers are adequate and were clean. I also used the laundry, but it was pricey - $2.50 for wash, $2.50 for dry, I believe.

When we go, we will stay there again.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Another vote for Hershey High Meadow.... We are there the weekend of the RV show...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Hershey High Meadows is now Hershey Park Camping Resort.

About 21 miles north of Hershey, off I-81, is Twin Grove.

And, about 18 miles north of Hershey, off I-81, is the Lickdale Campground.

I've never been to Lickdale but, I'm told it is nice.
We go to Twin Grove often.

tomgagne
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a few years but Hershey high meadow is close to everything and has room for big rigs