cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

check valves

dogvetia
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 winnebago Journey 36G. I have replaced the check valve behind the water hearer a couple of time. Today while unwinterizing all was going well after flushing the water heater and lines. While doing the sanitizing, the hot water taps began to flow slower and slower and finally barely a trickle. Well as in the past the check valve went south so I changed it--old one was fine and still have same problem on no flow or very little flow out of the hot water taps at all locations. Is there another check valve in another location--ie behind the city water fill panel??? Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Tom
2012 F350 diesel
2018 cruiser lite 28rd
13 REPLIES 13

GPWayne
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for posting the fix.

dogvetia
Explorer
Explorer
Doug Sorry to not post the make and model of hot water heater but it has no mixing valve nor a second check valve--so I could see no need to pursue the water heater angle farther. Thanks for your help. Tom
2012 F350 diesel
2018 cruiser lite 28rd

dogvetia
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all the great knowledge on this site--especially the chest of drawers drawer removal. There was another check valve behind the city water panel. A pain to get to and replace--need more bandaids--but the venture was successful and all is flowing like it should. That check valve had come apart. Thanks for giving me the encouragement to forage on!!! Thanks Tom
2012 F350 diesel
2018 cruiser lite 28rd

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Replace the check valve with a quarter turn valve.

Those work well you just have to remember to turn 'em.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Doug;
And we see this from senior members who should know better!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You want help. WHY is it so DARN hard to post Brand and Model of an appliance when asked?????????????????????????????????? Doug

dogvetia
Explorer
Explorer
thanks I will continue to look for another check valve. Only affects the hot water outlets.
2012 F350 diesel
2018 cruiser lite 28rd

journey_indiana
Explorer
Explorer
Put the back slide out, take the drawers out of the "chest", and look down into the hole in the floor. You should be able to see the check valve. Getting to it may be another problem. Long, strong arms is necessary to remove and replace it. If you go behind the metal panel a "basin wrench" is helpful.
Good Luck,
Indiana Journey

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You need to post Brand and MODEL of water heater. If you have the Atwood EXT model, your mixing valve is clogged. Also, check your whole house water filter if your model came with one. The whole house should affect both HOT and COLD, but I have had some that affected the HOT worse than the cold. Doug

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Same issue on COLD water ---- low flow/trickle??

Or just HOT water??

Both Hot & Cold......city water inlet check valve

Just HOT......back to the water heater OUTLET
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
There is another check valve. At least there is on my Journey. Check the pluming diagram from Winnebago. I had to remove the metal panel that held the city water inlet and other valves. It was a long reach to get to it. I first called Winnebago service. They were most helpful.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

dogvetia
Explorer
Explorer
fill valves are positioned correctly but not sure how to check the mixing valves on the ourside shower. There is a bit more pressure at the hot water valve on the outside shower but not as much as the cold side.
2012 F350 diesel
2018 cruiser lite 28rd

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Check the mixing valves for the outside shower if equipped?
Check the positions of the fill valves.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker