cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class A insurance

bclinton
Explorer
Explorer
Shopping around for coverage and quoted one that was recommended on a site National General. They were over 6000 a month....really? I have USAA for my cars and love them. Been with them for over 40 years. They do not do RV's and sent me to progressive, their RV partner. Progressive quoted about 700 a year. Any suggestions on other insurance companies I should shop. Any comments on how good or bad Progressive is? One thing about USAA is they have been great with any claim I have had. Saving money on insurance does no good if they are a hassle when I have a problem....
27 REPLIES 27

bclinton
Explorer
Explorer
Cobra21 wrote:
I used roadside assistance last year with Progressive. I called the nearest available firm, paid them for their services with my own money. I submitted the claim to Progressive and was refunded the total amount very quickly. You don't have to use the 1-800 number.
Brian

Great info. Thanks.

badboy368
Explorer
Explorer
WOW...what timing. Just found out that NATIONAL INTERSTATE is getting out of the RV ins market. Now i am scrambling to find a new carrier. It is really exhausting. Looking for good coverage not the cheapest price. Any of your thoughts would be helpful.
40' pusher,350 turbo cat, pullin a 37' trailer haulin a drag car. oh yea baby

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
I used roadside assistance last year with Progressive. I called the nearest available firm, paid them for their services with my own money. I submitted the claim to Progressive and was refunded the total amount very quickly. You don't have to use the 1-800 number.
Brian

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
GEICO JUST GOT FULL COVERAGE ON MY 02 FORTY FOOTERI THINK IT WAS 650.00 A YEAR
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

bclinton
Explorer
Explorer
eadeal55 wrote:
bclinton wrote:
eadeal55 wrote:
Have had Progressive thru USAA for the past 13 years. Real good with a damage claim 8 years ago, the disappearing deductible saved me $1000.

Average cost about $90 a month, but I have $500K coverage for liability and uninsured motorist, plus collision, $5K medical per person, $10K personal effects replacement, $2K trip interruption, $500K vacation liability (covers me sitting in any campground), $500 per instance tow/labor with roadside assistance.

After first 5 years, went from full replacement value (what it would cost to buy a 2010 Bounder) to total loss replacement/agreed value, which means that now every two years or so I call them up and lower my agreed value to a couple thousand over payoff.

I get discounts for being a USAA member, good driver and original owner.

Let me ask you? Is the road side assistance that I got with Progressive good enough? Does it have pretty good coverage in line with the good sam club?

Have never had to use it, but I have called their number and got them on the phone and asked all kinds of questions about how they would respond to different break down and flat/blown tire situations. The guy I talked to was well versed and assured me that they would take care of the issue when it happened. I was satisfied to the point of not ever looking at Good Sam's or FMCA's roadside assistance.

Excellent.... Thanks!

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
bclinton wrote:
eadeal55 wrote:
Have had Progressive thru USAA for the past 13 years. Real good with a damage claim 8 years ago, the disappearing deductible saved me $1000.

Average cost about $90 a month, but I have $500K coverage for liability and uninsured motorist, plus collision, $5K medical per person, $10K personal effects replacement, $2K trip interruption, $500K vacation liability (covers me sitting in any campground), $500 per instance tow/labor with roadside assistance.

After first 5 years, went from full replacement value (what it would cost to buy a 2010 Bounder) to total loss replacement/agreed value, which means that now every two years or so I call them up and lower my agreed value to a couple thousand over payoff.

Let me ask you? Is the road side assistance that I got with Progressive good enough? Does it have pretty good coverage in line with the good sam club?

Have never had to use it, but I have called their number and got them on the phone and asked all kinds of questions about how they would respond to different break down and flat/blown tire situations. The guy I talked to was well versed and assured me that they would take care of the issue when it happened. I was satisfied to the point of not ever looking at Good Sam's or FMCA's roadside assistance.
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018

ggardne2
Explorer
Explorer
I have Progressive roadside assistance. I had to use them recently due to some tire issues (actually got to use them twice, once for the first tire, second time for the second tire). Both times they provided very good service and the provider's they sent out were capable and were able to assist me.

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
bclinton wrote:
eadeal55 wrote:

Great info. Thanks! I signed up. I assume you can adjust amounts when you see the need right?

Yep...just call them up and tell them what you want for coverage. My current "agreed value" is $55K, but I'm getting ready to lower it to $45K, which is a few grand above payoff. That $10K drop in insured value will probably save me $10-15 a month in cost.

bclinton
Explorer
Explorer
eadeal55 wrote:

bclinton
Explorer
Explorer
eadeal55 wrote:

Great info. Thanks! I signed up. I assume you can adjust amounts when you see the need right?

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer

bclinton
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
bclinton wrote:
They were over 6000 a month....

Did you post that right? $6K?

Actually it 6000 per year....same difference for me though ๐Ÿ™‚ ....the headline on the web said "We save the average RV'er over $300 per year"

lol

Looks like progressive gets it for me.....

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
bclinton wrote:
They were over 6000 a month....

Did you post that right? $6K?