cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class C selection

tah796
Explorer
Explorer
I was recently disabled due to a vehicle accident. My wife and I(and family)have been 5th wheel camping for years but now we are thinking about going to something my wife can drive like a Class C since I am still not yet driving. I'm looking for something with an enclosed bathroom and bedroom with a full size queen comfortable bed. any suggestions appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

SkiMore
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how mobile you are but there are a couple of blogs written by people in wheelchairs. They might have some good ideas for you.

This is a blog written by someone in a wheelchair. It talks about their modified class C and has some more links

http://rollinginarv-wheelchairtraveling.blogspot.com/p/our-motorhome.html

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
If you decide on a Class C, we suggest considering a Born Free.

Should you have to go customized for your disabilities, they can work with you all the way from minor modifications through completely customized.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Tim, If there is an El Monte RV Rental near you, go in and look at what they have, I suggest EM because they sell off and you aren't pressured to buy. If you find one you want to try it'll be right there to rent.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on your disability or even if you are not, things to watch out for 'is' enclosed bathrooms. They are very small and many times if you are tall you can't even close the door after you sit down! A split bathroom would probably be a better choice. Before you buy TRY out the bathroom first thing.

Also I have 2 friends with disabilities that like to travel with me and they had difficulty getting 'up' into the cab area seat from the passenger door. When we tried the side entry door they then had trouble getting 'down' into the cab seat.

You will really have to physically try the different models out. Good Luck and kudos for looking for another avenue rather than hanging up your RV'ing when adversity knocks on your door! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
There are so many to choose from, really. Why not try renting one and trying it out for a week? Many F450's with multiple slides have a very small payload, especially if they are 28 feet long or more.

What's your price marker? Your bed needs? Some just have a dinette, some just a couch, others have both... some have an overhead bed, some don't.

Then there are Super C's too on heavy chassis. If you put in more of what you want, you might get some suggestions.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lazy Daze or Liesure Travel Vans.......top two IMO.

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
If going new and you do not ordering a custom MH.
Contact Winnebago Ind. they will build to fit your needs.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+