Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Best way to enjoy my digital hoard of audio books

My wife and I are both teachers and will be traveling all summer. I have a substantial hoard of audio books that I would like to enjoy while driving this summer. I am seeking advice as to he best way my to enjoy them. Back when I drove semi truck ...

Winnebago Vista 26 slide lube

I've discovered that the slide mechanism, Lippert, needs to be lubricated. A utube video provided some information as to how to do it. There is a drive mechanism on top and bottom of the slide do both have to be lubed? I assume you do it from the ins...

Dexter Keyless Door

Help! I have a class C 2014 jayco greyhawk and I was contacted to come over to where it was parked because the door was making noises. Upon arriving sure enough it was making a strange sound like it was trying to lock. I could only get in via the ca...

Best GPS for a motorhome

Looking for inputs on what the best GPS for a motorhome would be good to have? I've looked at the Garmin RV660LMT which is highly rated and I think it has endless map up dates which is nice. But it only has a 6 inch screen and being old I'd like a li...

dmctlc by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

allison code 2112

hello, i have a 1994 thor with a cummins bt6/allison 3060-dcode 2112 set and it says check the tps, does anyone know where to find the tps, its not on the fuel pump or on the accl. please help

kenken17 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

$200.00 thrown away.

I've noticed that my motor home was not even with the airbags inflated. I did a little research and found out that the ride height needed to be adjusted, even found some good instructions on how to do it. Called Freightliner and got the proper me...

supercub by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Gen-Turi Question

For those that have and use the Gen-Turi generator vent tube.....We have been considering some off-grid camping...concerts, races, etc.....and want to be able to run the generator to use A/C, especially at night. When I run the genset now, the exhau...

10forty2 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Workhorse 8.1 engine problem/history

Two years ago a friend with an 06 35' Winnebago with approximately 35k miles had two pistons with holes burned through. A short block was installed. Last week, about 8k miles since it was replaced, it started pinging witch quickly developed into a kn...

Solar Panels (why are people going small?)

I read thru the forums, and it looks like every one is buying 4 100 watt panels............ Why not just get 300 watt panels? I have a 40 foot RV............. Is it possibly to go COmpletely off grid with 2 roof top AC's? Can I line the whole roof ...

Mrrrkva by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Winegard satellite dish RM-DM46

Lost satellite signal and discovered the cable is the culprit. Has anyone replaced or spliced in a new cable and if you did how?My thoughts are to splice in a new cable on the roof based on that's where the sun deteriorated and movement eventually br...

sehunter by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Repair - Positive or Negative?

Two Questions:Prior to purchasing a used motor home I would think that it would be best to have a Mobile Repair Outfit go over the unit completely as, I imagine it is somewhat difficult to take the motor home to a maintenance shop and tie it up for t...