cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Class C Super Motorhome

joekosoglow
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a JayCo Seneca Super C and a Thor Fourwinds Super C. Does anyone have any history with either or is there one you would recommend and why?

THANKS for any feedback. We're getting really confused.
Ride Everyday!
7 REPLIES 7

anav8or
Explorer
Explorer
joekosoglow wrote:
We are looking at a JayCo Seneca Super C and a Thor Fourwinds Super C. Does anyone have any history with either or is there one you would recommend and why?

THANKS for any feedback. We're getting really confused.

We recently moved from a Thor product (2006 Four Winds Chateau 31f) to a 2015 Jayco Seneca. Although some of the issues we had with the Thor were admittedly due to age, the overall "fit and finish" as well as the quality of the materials used are night and day between the two coaches.

The Four Winds was a great first coach for us but, given our experience as well as the experiences of others I've read on forums, I don't think I'd purchase another Thor product.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the Seneca.
Pilot, Navigator and three crazy labs
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2014 Honda CR-V toad

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to look at Nexus. We visited their factory and was impressed with their quality of work. We traded in our class A Breeze for a 33sc to be built to our specs. In my opinion their super c compares equally with the Seneca and is higher quality than the Thor.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

cowboy66
Explorer
Explorer
We have a super c and just love it. So easy to drive and no movement from the wind and passing trucks. We have a Dynamax just find one that fits your liking.
You will be happy with the size.

az99
Explorer
Explorer
You did not give much info. What year?

Do a search on here for Seneca. Every question you could possibly have has been answered.

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
Look very closely at the fit and finish of the Thor. We looked at two in our search for the 'perfect' rv. the first one, we didn't get past the fact that the slide would not go out, even after techs worked on it for an hour. The second, the slide worked but the fit and finish were awful: parts of the floor were coming up and other parts of the floor didn't even go all the way to the wall, trim pieces were missing or cut short for the space they were supposed to fill, doors were not attached straight. Overall, our walk throughs of the Thor Super C were very disappointing.

We found one Jayco super C on a lot. We fell in love with it immediately. We found no problems with it at all. But, it was three feet longer than we wanted. We were willing to buy it anyway but the dealer would not come down from list price. He offered all kind of "special enhancements," free oil changes and free yearly inspections and the like, but it wasn't a value add for us as we didn't intend on staying in the area.

In the end, we ended up with a class A. But, if the dealer had been willing to work with us on price, we would probably be driving a Seneca today. There is no way we would have purchased the Thor based on our limited experience with them.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

ronfisherman
Many owners of the Jayco Seneca. The chassis has been good. Some early Jayco's had wrong springs in rear. Fairly easy fix with a added spring leaf. Watch tire dates. Most will need new tires if they have not been replaced recently.
Coach parts have had very few problems.
There were not as many Fourwinds as Jayco and Gulf Stream Super C's. But most have been good.
Check out the link in my signature. There are many Super C owners on that forum.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at both. Jayco had floor plans we both reaaly liked.
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179