cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class C water damage - How much is this going to cost me??

NowWhere2
Explorer
Explorer
Class C leans to one side in the driveway, water has been collecting in the corner of the cab over.

We did a new rubber roof 2 years ago and I thought the problem was solved, been nice and dry, up until recent....

http://www.rvmtbike.com/pictures-of-lovely-water-damage/

I can't imagine this is cheap to fix.
😞
4 REPLIES 4

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Looks very small and I think you would lose nothing by attempting to cut it out yourself from the inside and replacing what is bad. May not look professional or like new, but I wouldn't take the whole thing apart.

Good thing you caught it when you did and again, it looks to be confined and very small. Keep us updated on what you do and how it turns out.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

NowWhere2
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the link, mine certainly isn't that bad, good thing because i clearly don't have that guy's skills.

Plan on tearing more out today, seems to be limited to that one corner.

DaHose
Explorer
Explorer
If you really want to know how much, you will need to tear out until you discover how bad the rot is.

In my case, it was clearly MANY years of leakage and complete rebuild.

Cabover rebuild thread

To have had someone else do the full rebuild would probably have run me upwards of $8000. Based on your pics., I don't see you ending up as bad as mine.

Jose

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Looks bad all right, but on the bright side:

Looks like the lean/tilt at least confined the damage to a relatively small area. If it had been dead level the leak might have spread/sat on a broader area and caused more damage.

I haven't had to deal with this kind of repair myself, so will follow the thread with interest to see others' suggestions....
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien