cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coach Net vs Good Sam

lg212
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Coach Net for many years and you hear good and bad about both. Any reason to change?
Leo & Danella, Katie the Shih-tzu and Bailey the Welch Corgi
34' Allegro Bay w/slide
ARKANSAS RAZORBACK ROAD HOGS
Hot Springs, AR
11 REPLIES 11

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
Dale.Traveling wrote:

The one item I didn't like was the constant junk mail trying to up sell the service or trying to sell other services to me. Seemed like I was getting something in the mail box every week.

This is the same reason I stopped carrying their store membership. Way too much junk and, honestly, intentionally deceptive mailings!

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had Good Sam for several years used it four times. 2 for the coach (flat tire and a tow) and 2 times for the daily driver (flat tire and a tire slashing incident). No problems with service. I did drop GS several years ago and fell back to my insurance carrier for road side assistance after they restructured their various plans and costs.

The one item I didn't like was the constant junk mail trying to up sell the service or trying to sell other services to me. Seemed like I was getting something in the mail box every week.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Kansas_Climber
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam all the way. Never an issue, timely, courteous. 5 Stars

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Both of them work much the same way.
They do not own towing or roadside assistance facilities. Instead they have towing services across the countries under contract.. And often the very same companies. So it matters not which you have it will be the same towing service. Some are good.. Hooked me up promptly with no problems.. Some suck Watched one take two hours to hook up another rig I'd have had hooked in 30 minutes (yes I know how to do it)

One was told exactly what I had and sent a truck too small.. (Well We got it done anyway but that's because I know how to do it. The driver did not.. I effectively "Amplified" his truck.. Not that hard to do)

But it does not matter which service I'd have had. I'd have gotten the same truck.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
had GS for 15 years never used it. got a better deal and went with coach net. had a rear inside dual blow out a few weeks ago and Coach Net sucked to say the least. over six hours in the break down lane on I95 on a Saturday
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
IDman wrote:
Keep Coachnet. I've never had any problems with them. Can't say that about Good Sam.

Same here!
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
CoachNet by far better, I answer every time this comes up. Hid well but here from this site: Good Sams Roadside
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve had good service from Coach Net every time I needed help on the road. Think about these road service organizations. There are only so many service providers out there, in many cases they contract out to the several different companies like Coach Net and Good Sam. So, no matter who you are with, you may have the same mechanic come to your aid.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I have had both and both have taken care of me without issue. I currently have Good Sam because I get it free through the GS credit card.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
the horror stories on there site ,some just terrible, very few complaints about coach.

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
Keep Coachnet. I've never had any problems with them. Can't say that about Good Sam.