cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Condensation Problem on front window.

Fleetwood_Coupl
Explorer
Explorer
I pulled the curtain back covering the front windshield this morning only to find 1/4 of water along the bottom and condensation build up about 6 inches up the window. I had just finished installing Reflectix on all the other windows and was about to install it on the front. Now I am worried it will make the condensation it even worse. Is there a product that will help stop this, or should I try to cover it from the outside?
2006 Fleetwood Expedition 38n
300 Cat Engine (MP-8 Performance Module)
Retired US Navy SCPO
20 REPLIES 20

kab449
Explorer
Explorer
Do as stated earlier: place old towels along the bottom to absorb the water as it runs off. You will not be able to completely stop it in cold weather. Some of the windows on my house sweat also. Control the moisture with towels and don't worry about it.
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3160Elite/2017 F250 Lariat Ultimate
2018 Coachmen Galleria 24Q Class B Mercedes Van
Keith & Brenda
Marley the Maltese
Central PA

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Ventilation will help. We usually leave a roof vent cracked an inch or so. Using an outside windshield cover will insulate the glass from the cold somewhat and having the glass warmer will reduce condensation.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

Fleetwood_Coupl
Explorer
Explorer
There are no weep holes. This is the front windshield it's sealed up all the way around. The water was in the bottom frame of the window. I am going to see about locating a small dehumidifier. Not much left to run anything else. We're already shuting stuff off just to make coffee. 30 amp service is all we have.
2006 Fleetwood Expedition 38n
300 Cat Engine (MP-8 Performance Module)
Retired US Navy SCPO

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Also make sure the weep holes are clear. 1/4" is quite a bit of standing moisture.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, there is a product that will stop moisture inside your coach it's called a Dehumidifier! You can buy them at most RV Shops. It's the greatest device that I have purchased for my coach. I have my dehumidifier placed between my split windshields and I empty 3 to 4 inches of water out of it a week. Great Question!

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only thing that can stop condensation from forming on your windshield is proper ventilation. The problem is that in the Winter, most people want to keep things closed up. All of the moisture from your body, the shower, the kitchen, plus what is generated by your propane stove, remains in the coach and will be deposited on the coolest surfaces, which are usually your windshield. You will also see moisture on your other aluminum window frames, even if the glass is dual pane.
Using electric space heaters HELPS to minimize this moisture and fans directed at the windshield also help, but it is tough to remove most of the interior moisture during the Winter.
It helps if you put towels at the base of the windshield to absorb the moisture so that it does not damage your dashboard.