cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Considering a set of tires...any suggestions?

MarauderKy
Explorer
Explorer
My 2013 Coachmen Concord came with a set of Generals that seem to want to shake my teeth loose. Had several of the tires road-force balanced, and they were way off. There's less than 9000 miles on the rig. All of the local General Dealers tell me that they don't handle warranty on the tires, so I'm considering looking for a new manufacturer that isn't so difficult to deal with, and makes a quality tire. I'd be interested to hear some input as to what everybody else has had good performance from. Thank you in advance for your input.
18 REPLIES 18

DaveInIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Firestone Transforce HT
1994 Fleetwood Tioga Arrow

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
KUMHO
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
MarauderKy wrote:
Had several of the tires road-force balanced, and they were way off.
Have you tried lug centric balancing?

Otherwise I recommend Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar.

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
Safari-Rick wrote:
Ok, So here's my 2cents worth....

COSTCO ! Bought two sets of tires for my TT and I can take the TT to any Costco in the U.S. for repairs/trades No hassles,

Just saying......

The problem with Costco is they don't make appointments. Waiting in line for new tire installations, and rotations can make for many hours of waiting. For me it's worth paying a few dollars more to be able to make appointments with my tire dealer.

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Have you weighed your coach on each wheel position? You could be driving with excessive air pressure for the weight you are carrying. That would be a lot less expensive and you may find that new tires will ride just as hard if inflated the same way.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

golfknut
Explorer
Explorer
David R wrote:
Very happy with the Firestone Transforce I installed last year.

X4
2018 Newmar Canyon Star 3513

Safari-Rick
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, So here's my 2cents worth....

COSTCO ! Bought two sets of tires for my TT and I can take the TT to any Costco in the U.S. for repairs/trades No hassles,

Just saying......
Better to have more then you need then to not have enough!

David_R
Explorer
Explorer
Very happy with the Firestone Transforce I installed last year.
2007 BT Cruiser 5231
2002 Heritage Softail Classic

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went to a tire speciality place where I have been trading for years and know (and trust) the manager. He said I couldn't do better than the Michelins that were already on there, so I got them again.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

tred0956
Explorer
Explorer
TOYO Open Country HT's Only have 7,000 miles on them so can't talk about longevity, but a very quiet, smooth running tire.

MarauderKy
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate all the input...I'll start pricing around.
Thanks

kaz442
Explorer
Explorer
Grandpere wrote:
gbopp wrote:
Hankook

x2

X3 best band for your buck
1989 26' Jayco class C E350 460cu

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
they put firestones on the small school buses. Cant tell ya much, the one I drove last year was single rear wheel type. They did seem to wear ok I put 25000 on the fronts and they were still good to go, they had around 36K on them end of school year. Like many the rig we have came with michelins and we just had 7 installed under the recall.

I can tell ya that the generals were not liked when installed on the F series trucks either, same with the continentals.

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
JoyandCon wrote:
Firestone Transforce

x2
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)