cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Contemplating trip to Florida Keys

kidkasha
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 99 Fleetwood Discovery Class A Diesel Pusher. Thinking about a trip to the Keys and leaving from So California. Has any gone and would like any advise as to when to go , route , and any campsites. Would like to stop over at the different big name cities on the way. I am not crazy
19 REPLIES 19

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
There are four state park campgrounds in the Keys. All are winners.
Be sure to be reservations well in advance if you will be there from about November through April/May.

FL State parks

The Keys are unique in the world. You'll really enjoy your visit.
๐Ÿ™‚

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you towing a vehicle?
If so then I recommend Bahia Honda state park but your time of year will dictate whether you can get a reservation in the park.
I have also stayed at what used to be called Fiesta Key KOA but the I seem to remember name has been changed and I cannot remember the name now.
For dining the Green Turtle Inn in Islamorada is exceptionally good ($$$). The whale harbor inn has a good seafood buffet. It seems pricey at $32.00 per person but the food was excellent.

More as I remember but please let me know if you have a route in mind and whether you plan to go northern route, southern route and freeway or back road.

WE really enjoyed the back roads of Arizona, New Mexico and Texas
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

mmriddile
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure when you are thinking of going but if you plan on being in the Keys in January, Feb or March, you better call and book a site NOW. I have not been there myself but have a lot of friends who winter there. Blue Water Key is one of their favorites.
Motorhome Momma
Driving 40ft Itasca Latitiude
Chevy Equinox toad
http://www.scoop.it/t/motorhome-madness

stardalo
Explorer
Explorer
Stay at Bluewater key. Its fairly close to Key West and awesome. Great place.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Do a Google search for `_____ tourism' and put the city, state, or area in the blank space.
Search this Forum for `Florida Keys' and read on.
BTW why do you want to go to the Keys from California?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)