cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creaking Floor in Coach Bedroom ?

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Newmar Dutchstar 41', four slide coach. In the last few months, we have noticed a creaking in the bedroom floor when it is walked on (more on the curb side). It sounds similar to walking on the second floor of an old farmhouse ! It seems to have gotten worse over a period of time. I am not familiar enough with the coach floor construction to guess at the cause. Anyone ever have a similar issue ? Thanks.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package
4 REPLIES 4

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
Many of us have issues with our leveling jacks creaking and popping. If your jacks are up, then it's your floor, if they are down then the jacks might be what you are hearing.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same problem. I believe that the glue between the layers of the flooring has failed. Not much you can do without removing floor covering (carpet, vinyl, laminate, ?). If I ever change out the carpet again, I intend to drill holes through the first layer, inject something like liquid nails, add weights until it cures, add some short screws, and hope for the best.

If you could drive short screws through both sections of floor boards it would probably stop the squeaking, but I don't know how to do this without making a mess of the carpet, laminate, etc.

There is a kit for home flooring to use through carpet where the screw breaks off at the top of the flooring and below the carpet and carpet pad, but those screws are much too long for use on a motorhome floor.

If you find a solution, please post the results.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

rav
Explorer
Explorer
are there any access panels in the floor that need to be tightened down?

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Likely seams in the sub floor. Aside from pulling up the flooring, gluing and screwing the offending pieces, not much you can do.
2013 ACE 29.2