cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

damon and coachmen

majortwo
Explorer
Explorer
just wanting some feedback about the quality of damon/coachman and american tradition diesel motorhomes. Are they worth considering or more trouble then the're worth? Guess i should add used from 2004-2008. thanks
6 REPLIES 6

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
does not matter if you are spending $10.00 or $10,000,000.00 always pays to do your homework
2009 Challenger

okgc
Explorer
Explorer
majortwo wrote:
this is why i love this site. thanks everyone. i'm better informed now. i know i won't be the most important customer to motorhome dealers. not spending 250+ so i need to be as informed as i can be to make the best choice for us.

When you walk in the door you should be "the most important customer".

Dealers need to sell their used MH trade-ins also as it helps them make a deal for the next new one.
2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with GMC Envoy
Alaska 2015

majortwo
Explorer
Explorer
this is why i love this site. thanks everyone. i'm better informed now. i know i won't be the most important customer to motorhome dealers. not spending 250+ so i need to be as informed as i can be to make the best choice for us.

Flowergirl
Explorer
Explorer
We have had Coachmen and Damon. Neither one gave us any trouble. Very few warranty problems. But you are looking at 6 to 10 years old. The material of these motorhomes is not the better quality of a higher end coach (and the price reflects that)and wears out quicker. My opinion, either look at a little newer or look at higher end coach with better quality interior.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
An answer to your question is two different levels of motorhomes. American Coach being a much higher priced unit to the others. Damon by Thor is or has been a lower priced unit with some very nice features. The Coachmen by Forest River had been what some would classify as an entry level motorhome, before the "merger". When we were comparing motorhomes in the early 2003-2004 model year the Sports Coach by Coachmen was being sold for considerably less than a Newmarr or Tiffin. The Sports Coach was being supplied a 5.9 Cummins diesel the same engine used in Dodge diesel powered pickups at the time and we saw new 40' two-three slide units at the Indy Rv Show for $114,999-$118,999. The numbers have always been in my head as being the point we decided we might be able to afford a DP.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

ricklord2001
Explorer
Explorer
Funny I was talking to freind about this at lunch today. Currently I own a highend Entegra Anthem prior to th at I had a Coachmen Sportcoach 376DS. The Entegra is amuch nicer coach but the Sportcoach was much simpler, never gave me any problems and had more than we needed. (Does one really need 4tv's, 3 ac units, , heated floor, dishcwasher, etc to go camping.)
People came to me and said " oh the coachmen is under powered, entry level" well I go skiing in Utah and Colorado everyyear and i was passing trucks etc and never felt
Under powered.AT ALL.
I'm sure I'll get flamed from otyer posters who mostly seem to think you got to buy top of the line but in my opinion the coachmen was a great coach and there are many things I mss about it.