cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diesel Genny cuts out with error Oil Temp-press!

smokey_truck
Explorer
Explorer
I am campin in VA beach area and when I turn on my Diesel Generator after 14 min it cuts out and I see this error in the panel Oil Temp-press!. This is 2013 Winnebago View with 12 Hours on genney. Checked the oil level it is between Min and Max lines

Does anyone have any idea with this, is it just adding more oil.

Thanks for any info

Ganesh
8 REPLIES 8

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
smokey_truck wrote:
I am campin in VA beach area and when I turn on my Diesel Generator after 14 min it cuts out and I see this error in the panel Oil Temp-press!. This is 2013 Winnebago View with 12 Hours on genney. Checked the oil level it is between Min and Max lines

Does anyone have any idea with this, is it just adding more oil.

Thanks for any info

Ganesh

You have a two year warranty on that generator. Unless you can easily fix it with more oil (up to FULL mark and not beyond...DO NOT overfill a diesel) and you don't know much about troubleshooting the issue go get it looked at by an approved warranty center. It could be just a failed sensor. My RV dealer said after the first year, take it to Cummins for warranty work when mine died. They took it in and replaced the failed fuel pump (which I had already diagnosed) under warranty.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I'd confirm it is level, then fill right to the max line before troubleshooting the level and pressure sensors.

Steele_Grey
Explorer
Explorer
I wish I could tell you what the issue is, but I have the same problem crop up frequently on my View with the diesel generator. I've tried various oil levels and different oils (including synthetics). The error does seem to happen more often when using synthetic oil.

It happens sporadically, but mostly at higher temps (90+). Sometimes the generator will run fine when in motion, sometimes it dies. Sometimes it runs continuously for 8 hours without a problem, sometimes it shuts down with no warning after 30 minutes. Sometimes it starts right back up and runs for hours, sometimes it starts back up and runs for 5 minutes (until I let it cool down).

I've gotten used to it, but I'm taking it to Onan before the warranty is out.

ryhed
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe leaning to one side causing a faulty oil level reading? Bad oil pump? bad sensor? Bare wire or bad connection?

smokey_truck
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
What generator???
Onan 3200 Diesel

Ganesh

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
My stand alone self contained gen would run then trip........Oil Temp/Press

Added just enough oil to bring level up to MAX