cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish RV

Itasca55
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at putting the dish on the roof . After camping this weekend I had a mind changer . The camp grounds I went to if it was on the roof. there was no-way it would of worked trees in the way and about 25 of there sites would of been a tree issue . But just having it on a tripod you could move it around and find holes in the trees to get to the satellite needed . So the 20 dollar tripod House roof style one and pipe and U wire staples to hold wire down. Way to go. its a pretty easy way to set it up. and using a regular dish has less rain fade. satellite dish 67 bucks tripod 20 bucks pipe 5 bucks staples 5 bucks wire $20 bucks. RV TVHD. Now I need a bigger TV :B

Itasca55
5 REPLIES 5

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
I have an dish mounted to the roof. I also have a Tailgator if I can't get coverage from the roof one due to trees.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
We carried the portable dish for a year after getting the Wingard Trav'ler. Never used it. Only hit one place where we could not get a sat signal in a year. Now it sits in the garage.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted my Carry Out on the roof using the tripod baseplate.
Frees up storage and I can take it down to put on the ground if needed.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

loghauler191
Explorer
Explorer
tailgator by dish is pretty awesome also

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Itasca55 wrote:
I was looking at putting the dish on the roof . After camping this weekend I had a mind changer . The camp grounds I went to if it was on the roof. there was no-way it would of worked trees in the way and about 25 of there sites would of been a tree issue . But just having it on a tripod you could move it around and find holes in the trees to get to the satellite needed . So the 20 dollar tripod House roof style one and pipe and U wire staples to hold wire down. Way to go. its a pretty easy way to set it up. and using a regular dish has less rain fade. satellite dish 67 bucks tripod 20 bucks pipe 5 bucks staples 5 bucks wire $20 bucks.

Well, if you're looking to save money RVing isn't the game.

There are a lot of us who have both -- roof dish (in my case, a Winegard Travler) and a tripod when the trees get in the way.

Sure you can get buy with just a portable dish, but after setting them up for several years, I'll go for push button operation whenever possible.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs