cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do I need a special TV?

Traveling_Mamas
Explorer
Explorer
We want to replace the 32 inch flat screen Jesen in our class A. Coulde we go out and by a Samsung and put it in or does it need to be a specific type of TV

Thank you!
18 REPLIES 18

chili_s_trip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ivylog wrote:
ArchHoagland wrote:
No special TV and no special toilet paper.
:B:B:B:B
I would suggest a LED as they are very thin and do not weigh very much.

X2 I installed a 32" Samsung LED - 13# and 27 watts. Good luck.
Jack H
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32W 8.1.
2009 Honda Fit Sport

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Those mounting patterns on the back of TV's & monitors are standards known as VESA Standards. If you run into a situation as to where your mounting holes on the back of the TV don't fit your mounting bracket, there are also adapater plates available. I had to use one on one of my flat screens and was able find one on Amazon.

Here's more detailed info with regard to the VESA mounting standards and dimensions from a page from the Video Mount Store website:

FLAT SCREEN TV & MONITOR MOUNTING PATTERN STANDARDS
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
pugslyyy wrote:
Traveling Mamas wrote:
We want to replace the 32 inch flat screen Jesen in our class A. Coulde we go out and by a Samsung and put it in or does it need to be a specific type of TV

Thank you!

Buy whatever fits!

Check the bolt pattern on the back of your current TV (and the mount) to make sure the new TV will bolt up okay.

From what I have seen the bolt pattern is standard HOWEVER the placement may not be (some it is higher some it is lower) Just so you know.

But all 3 of the flat screens I've had had the same bolt pattern and fit the same brackets.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
The 32" Jensen TV that came in our motorhome runs off 12 volts DC or 120 volts AC. Most TV's you buy off the shelf won't work with 12 volts DC. Nice to have a TV when stopped at WalMart for the night without running the generator.. It's all in what you want and how you plan on useing it... ๐Ÿ™‚

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted on the outside of the TV cutout so only had to make sure the width would allow for the overhead cabinets to open. sourcing a set that would have fit nicely in the TV compartment would have looked nicer but also would have resulted in a pretty small screen.

One interesting thing I found while looking at TVs was that typically the cheaper the set, the lighter it was. The lighter the better when mounting it on the outside of the overhead cabinets.

Vizio's have really come a long way. We picked up 32" smart TVs for the kids for Christmas and they are very thin and light with a great picture.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

Traveling_Mamas
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for everyone's input! Will do lots of measuring and such and see what I come up with.

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
You need a very specific type. You need one with direct rail diode injection on the 110 V side. I just happen to be the sole distributer for such TV sets and would be happy to make a good deal...
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

Alfred622
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on making sure your new flat panel has a speaker bar that projects forward when mounted to the wall.

I have a couple of Visios... been quite satisfied with them.
Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only recommendation I will make is negative.. In my life I have had to deal with many products from Lucky Goldstar (And Goldstar before they added Lucky) and I have NEVER been lucky enough to have a Goldstar product work as it should.

This includes the VCR in the motor home, The Microwave, one of the digital TV converters (but at least that one is a minor issue) computer monitors, the microwave at the office (Dang near burned the office down) and more. not one of them worked as they should without modification. (The vcr it was cheaper to replace, minor adjustment but the tools cost more than the replacement, The microwave.. I replaced the flakey part with a GE model, way better than the LG one)

So the only advice is avoid LG. most any other tv will work just fine.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

H345
Explorer
Explorer

Most flatscreen tv's operate on 12V from a built-in transformer that is 110V .

If you do not have an inverter , your tv repair person can disconnect the transformer for 12V use .

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You may want to consider the speaker location of your new TV. If you want to build it in, and the speakers holes are in the rear, the sound might be less than ideal.

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
Your Jensen may be 12V, but it's not really needed unless you have no inverter and want to watch TV while driving down the road.

Our 5ers came with standard 110v TV's and we've upgraded from LCD to the LED's because they are so light and thin.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
ArchHoagland wrote:

Agreed!
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
ArchHoagland wrote:
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...