cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Door entrance lock with deadbolt

sfo1969
Explorer
Explorer
Door entrance lock not locking. Deadbolt lock still working. How hard is it to replace entrance door lock assembaly? This is on a class A 2014 Itasca sunstar.
5 REPLIES 5

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
If Winnebago Inds. are still using TriMark, there are instructions online for replacing it in kind.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

roam1
Explorer
Explorer
Yankee Clipper wrote:
My advice is to replace it before the internal mechanism fails, which will require you to drill the lock assembly out. I had to do this on my old rig, and it was something of a PITA. Fortunately, America's Funniest Home Videos was not there to watch me crawling in through the driver's door that had been turned as a seat...

been there, done that!
When that spring loaded pot metal bolt breaks, it's like cracking a safe! And as you mention, the gymnastics involved in entering the rv via open window

Blutoyz
Explorer
Explorer
I only use the deadbolt on mine
She may be old but she is paid for (the rig that is)

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
My advice is to replace it before the internal mechanism fails, which will require you to drill the lock assembly out. I had to do this on my old rig, and it was something of a PITA. Fortunately, America's Funniest Home Videos was not there to watch me crawling in through the driver's door that had been turned as a seat...
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

MrWizard
i think 3 screws from the inside hold the it together

they are easy to replace
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s