cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Driver side wiper Goes too far to the left.

captron33
Explorer
Explorer
Wiper blade acts like it wants to fly off the coach. Anyone have a fix for this???
15 REPLIES 15

blakduk01
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same problem, but never thought it important enough to post about it. I basically got around the problem by running the wipers at a slower speed. However it is a sign of a more major problem down the road so I will take all of your suggestions and use the right one.

Thanks Al

conceptumator
Explorer
Explorer
There are a number of Forest River coaches experiencing this problem. What seems to have happened is the factory failed to insert the serrated locking washer under the acorn nut that holds the wiper arm on the splined drive spindle. Remove the acorn nut, pull the wiper arm off the spindle and reinstall it to the correct location, then reinstall the acorn nut but use a bit of blue LocTite to keep it from coming loose. Should solve the problem. Make sure to do both sides.

captron33
Explorer
Explorer
Motor mount is solid. I will continue to search for the fix.

-Gramps-
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to consider frameless blades, they will grip the windshield curve.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
incorrect size wiper arm

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
It could be the spline on the wiper arm itself as others have said but also check the attachment of the motor itself mine was loose causing this same problem. It was difficult to access the nut under the hood to tighten it. It is easy to check just grab hold of the motor and linkage and twist it,if it moves it need to be tightened.

the_silverback
Explorer
Explorer
I also had the same problem on my two arm wiper. the mount inside the hood was loose. I placed the wiper in the correct place and applied a large amount of RV goop to the mount. So far it is working. Time will tell.
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I also had the same problem with a similar rig. In my case the acorn nut and the knurled driver was loose/stripped. I've had good luck getting wiper replacement parts here:

Mill Supply

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had the same problem. I removed the nut and saw the splines were worn too bad to trust so after fixing it temporarily I ordered two new drives from Diesel Equipment Co in Greensboro NC. Replacing them was easy though it did take a little time. The reason I replaced both of them was for peace of mind.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
I have exactly the same problem on my '05 Itasca Sunrise. So, will be watching all replies.
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar experience, the Drivers side Wiper actually was slapping the forward mounted Mirror .
I tried all the suggested adjustments with little success until I discovered that the Knurled ,Tapered Driver which is on the wiper drive shaft had worn out so was slipping on the shaft.

I was able to rebuild the "Flat side" using JB Weld ,which got Me Home . Then I ordered a few replacement Knurled Drivers from School Bus Parts on Line!

Such a Simple fix for a frustrating problem!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

captron33
Explorer
Explorer
2006 travel supreme. Spartan chasis.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
What coach? what brand of wiper?

If the "two arm" Dyna, there are two adjustments. One is on one of the arms where there is a standard screw in a slot that allows you to change the angle of the blade.

The other is to move the spline (have to remove the nut) over a notch.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check for play in the linkage, it could be worn out.