cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Engine Cruise Control

Johnnie_Reeder
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot engage the cruise control on the steering wheel. The fuse documentation on the engine does not list anything relating to the cruise control. Where might a fuse or something that I can look at to check or replace?
7 REPLIES 7

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
Off topic, but something to consider since many of us are seniors. If cruise control is on and a medical emergency happens, they MH will continue at the speed it was set to making it difficult for the co-pilot to safely bring it to the side of the road.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Just check to make sure your brake lights aren't stuck on.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
First check the switch at the brake pedal to see that it is making contact, if the pedal sticks on the way up at the end of the travell no cruise, or if the nuts that hold the switch have loosend the switch is not closed and needs to be tightened and adjusted.

navegator

Travelcrafter
Explorer
Explorer
Stearing wheel switches could mean the clock ring in there is bad or just dirty. Collector Ring is what I know it as or slip ring.any way its the connection point for all the cool switches on your staring wheel.Not saying it is this but just another place to look.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
darsben wrote:
Okay we know it is a class "C" but it might help if you tell us the maker of the chassis and the maker of the class "C"

Agreed, but if it's a Chevy it could be as simple as a loose connection in the wiring harness. That happened on my Chevy based RV. Took it to a Chevy dealer and they located and fixed the problem in a couple of minutes.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Okay we know it is a class "C" but it might help if you tell us the maker of the chassis and the maker of the class "C"
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

aubreym
Explorer
Explorer
This might be a long shot but on some cars the cruise control will not engage if a brake light is out.
- Aubrey W7OLY