cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

extended warrant

Blemaire
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know any good extended warranty companies for our motor home?
9 REPLIES 9

Blemaire
Explorer
Explorer
Thank all of you for the help. I think I will start a savings especially for the warrant . Someone mentioned easy care . Have y'all heard of this company ?

Cousin_Eddie93
Explorer
Explorer
I bought an extended warrenty in 1987, just before AMC jeep went belly up. I have and will never do it again. Save your money ext warrenties are pure profit if your selling them and waste of time and money if you try to make a claim.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
if its a older unit save the money and start your own .coverage is very slim .

X2 on this quote!

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
We relented and bought an extended warranty with our then new 2004 RV after the dealer's closer cut the price down to $1700, as I recall. I was not given a copy of the contract/warranty and had to request it from the warranty company. I read through it carefully and found that it was full of exclusions, loopholes and stringent requirements for keeping records and having periodic servicing done on the appliances, etc. These warranties go into effect when OEM warranties cease, so the warranty company is sitting on your money for up to 3 years. We never made a claim during the warranty period. With few exceptions, it makes more sense to set up a "pearl harbor" bank account to cover repairs, upgrades and other RV ownership expenses as they arise.

BTW, Our fridge, roof AC unit, and fresh water pump died at about 10 years, which may be about average.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
Go to an independent shop in your area and ask them. I was at a shop here and we were talking about the rv and that I had an extended warranty by GS. Anyhow they went on that they left a lot to be desired and they named a different on but I forget who it was.

They said GS plan dilly dallied and was not real good in accepting estimates for the repairs! I dont know but that is what I would suggest, see who works best with shops in your area.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Wholesalewarranties.com
They are agents for an assortment of plans.

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
Wholesale warranty
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
if its a older unit save the money and start your own .coverage is very slim .

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good Sam ESP?
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....