cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

extended warranty

tombottcat
Explorer
Explorer
own a thor Tuscany xte 36 MQ 2016 and am looking for good extended warranty options for this unit, the DW and I spend a lot of time on the road, any ideas would be appreciated TOM AND JOANNE
10 REPLIES 10

tombottcat
Explorer
Explorer
great advise guys,thank you, will wait till all new expires

tombottcat
Explorer
Explorer
smlranger wrote:
Before we bought our current rig, I would have agreed with the others that you are better off having some money set aside for repairs than buy an extended service/warranty plan. That said, since our coach is pretty complex beast I decided to buy a plan from Cornerstone when we purchased this coach in 2013. We paid $3,400 for a plan that covers the house only and not the drive train. We have a $200 deductible.

Since we got the plan, Cornerstone has quickly approved and paid for the following:

New Splendid clothes dryer
New Magnum Energy PSW inverter (that repair was right at $3K)
New front TV
Repairs to galley slide
Repair leak in line going to Aqua Hot heat exchanger in plumbing bay
Replace one roof AC/Heat pump and replace fuel pump in Aqua Hot burner (those two were nearly $2,500).

While I have paid a $200 deductible for all but one of those repairs, the plan has easily paid out more than we paid for it.

If you decide to get a plan just make sure you read the exclusions before you purchase it. In our case, we have benefited from the plan.

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
tombottcat wrote:
own a thor Tuscany xte 36 MQ 2016 and am looking for good extended warranty options for this unit, the DW and I spend a lot of time on the road, any ideas would be appreciated TOM AND JOANNE

Try Wholesale Warranties. They are agents and do a pretty good job at quoting what you want. but as with anything be sure you know what you are buying.
Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
All I can add to the debate is....."Not covered, claim denied."
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Before we bought our current rig, I would have agreed with the others that you are better off having some money set aside for repairs than buy an extended service/warranty plan. That said, since our coach is pretty complex beast I decided to buy a plan from Cornerstone when we purchased this coach in 2013. We paid $3,400 for a plan that covers the house only and not the drive train. We have a $200 deductible.

Since we got the plan, Cornerstone has quickly approved and paid for the following:

New Splendid clothes dryer
New Magnum Energy PSW inverter (that repair was right at $3K)
New front TV
Repairs to galley slide
Repair leak in line going to Aqua Hot heat exchanger in plumbing bay
Replace one roof AC/Heat pump and replace fuel pump in Aqua Hot burner (those two were nearly $2,500).

While I have paid a $200 deductible for all but one of those repairs, the plan has easily paid out more than we paid for it.

If you decide to get a plan just make sure you read the exclusions before you purchase it. In our case, we have benefited from the plan.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
most times there worth less bank the money add a little each month ,and you,ll be a head of the game. if you still want one? READ,and READ again all the things they don,t cover. they will fix the things that never break.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Put your money in the gas tank and enjoy the ride.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
No point in purchasing an extended warranty on the RV until the manufactures warranties expire. We did not purchase our Good Sam Service Plan until two years after we bought the Phaeton new in 2006. This year was the 1st year that they paid out more than I paid them for the premium and we have 7 months left until renewal. We have it for peace of mind against a big $ engine and transmission failure on the road, we full time and have 114,000 miles on the coach.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Some think extended warranties are great. Others think they are a waste of money and recommend you save them money and use it for any future repairs.
You do have to read the contract to see what is and is not covered.

Moved from Forum Technical Support