cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fair Market Value

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a website where I can look and see what the fair market value is of my motorhome.
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
13 REPLIES 13

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
A 1998 CC Intrigue recently sold at PPL for $27,850 on 05/2015. NADA low retail is $24,350 and average retail is $29,350. NADA Wholesale price, dealer trade in value, is probably 8 to 10% below low retail. Hope this helps.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
OK Steve what are you looking at?
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
I use NADA low retail. For a coach that I have checked and that I want, I will pay approx. 20% below NADA low retail. Just my personal standard. If I don't get it I will walk away.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
I was always taught a willing seller and a willing buyer create fair market value. PPL selling price list is about a good as you can do. I have seen auction price sheets out of AZ.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
NADA is a good start to compare, but it is what it is. There is much more than the sold price in a MH: cleanliness, condition, tire, options, milleage and the "smell", some are disgusting and not curable.

You will rarely find a MH with a asking price that match the NADA average retail, the NADA prices are sold price, negociated price, same with PPL. I once got $10,000 off over the phone on a $50,000 Allegro sold by PPL.

I sold a Truck Camper $23500, NADA was $26700 average retail but the average asking price for these where around $25000, I doubt I could have got over 25000. I bought a Monaco Cayman DP 2003 and paid 35000 after a good negociation, NADA said average 30,000. After a year checking the internet and looking at MH, I never saw a Cayman 2003 at that starting price. If you want to pay NADA average retail, be prepare to negociate.
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
NADA will give you a good guess.
The best you will find is by calling your bank or Credit Union.
They will tell you average selling price, wholesale and most importantly their loan value. There are lots of differences in different areas.

FormerBoater
Explorer
Explorer
PPL also lists the sold prices for all coaches on their site.

This is a realistic barometer as it is the actual price paid for the used unit.
Dave
1998 American Eagle 40EVS

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can also go to eBay and check the COMPLETED listings for a coach like yours. The ones with the price in GREEN are the ones that actually sold and the price they sold for. NADAguides is just that, a guide, that is not much help if you can't find anyone willing to pay that price.
Here is a 1998 Country Coach Intrigue, that actually sold for $28,000.
Ebay completed sale

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can find the NADA (and similar) market valuations.

Those often have only a superficial correlation with a reasonable price for your particular motorhome, though, since condition and location, among other things, have a large impact on the selling price and value of a motorhome. Searching e.g. eBay for completed sales of similar motorhomes might give a more realistic starting point if you're looking to figure an asking price for selling. (If you're instead trying to figure the value for insurance or some similar purpose, perhaps NADA might carry a bit more weight.)

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
NADA
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Start HERE-----NADA

Then check internet pricing for your year/model
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
I know the banks have something that they use. I've never been able to see what it is though. Good luck.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4