cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on LTV Unity 24MB

Mokan_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
Hey All, a friend suggested I become a member here to get honest feedback on topics pertaining to RV. I am planning to acquire a Unity 24MB from Leisure Travel Van in a year or two. Just wanted to know if it is as wonderful in person as it appears to be on paper. Anyone care to share your thoughts, good and bad? Thanks, MoKan Lady.
11 REPLIES 11

dacar
Explorer
Explorer
you can also try here - more specific info from owners http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you pick them up from in the United States? Warranty issues?

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
mumkin wrote:
I just downsized from an LTV and you would be hard pressed to find anything significant to complain about in any RV that LTV builds. My only irritating and expensive issue in the 4 years that I owned it was with the Onan generator. (will never own another one... LOL) Sadly a common problem that LTV can't control.

What was your Onan problem?

AFAIK, Onan has a stellar (but nothing is 100%) RV built-in generator reputation .... that's why they retail for around $3K on up. What would you suggest as an alternative?

Here's a suggestion as an Onan alternative - probably a custom RV install all the way, must be used along with a large inverter system, and probably $$$$$$:

http://fischerpanda.com/marine-pdf/Panda%20AGT4Insert.pdf
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ClassBGirl
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Regency GT24MB, which LTV/Triple E no longer makes. Ours is on the E-450 Ford chassis, basically has the same interior as the Unity Murphy Bed, and was made at the same factory. We have never had any issues with our Murphy Bed which is manual, not electric, and very easy to put up and down and has no rails. The gentleman who spoke about the dirty rails has a Winnebago Via, not the LTV Unity.

We belong to the Dixie Leisure Travelers which is one of the owners clubs for LTV, and many of the members have the Unitys and some with the MB configuration. None to my knowledge have ever had any problems with the Murphy Bed, and they all love their Unitys.

LTV is an awesome company, and they stand behind the units they make. We have been to the factory and to the Owner's Rally they have each fall. Wonderful helpful folks that go the extra mile to help you with any problems you might have, and they are very proud of the units they roll off the assembly line. Quality, fit, finish, and attention to the little details are excellent on these units.

We have certainly been pleased with our unit that now has about 35,000 miles on it with our longest trip of 55 days being last summer from Memphis,TN to Yellowstone, to the Canadian Rockies, across Canada to the Factory Rally at Winkler, Manitoba and back home with no issues or problems. Great units to tour in, camp in overnight, extended stay camping, or dry camp in. We dry camped at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon two years ago for seven nights using all systems from the generator, furnace, heat pump, air conditioner,etc. and had an awesome stay. Yes, they are wonderful units, and worth the extra bucks!!!
2019 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108DS (Murphy bed & dinette slide) with
Extreme Weather & Off Road pkgs., plus Heated and Enclosed Tanks

2018 Ford F-150 4x4 Super Cab 5.0L V8 with Tow Mode

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
RckyMtnVia wrote:
The only concern would be the Murphy bed and the rails on which it goes up and down. If they get dirty the bed can go off track and cause problems.
Never heard of this happening. The track on our murphy bed is one thing that doesn't get "dirty" in our rig.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
The only concern would be the Murphy bed and the rails on which it goes up and down. If they get dirty the bed can go off track and cause problems. Also if you and partner have different sleep schedules then some separation of sleep space and living space is a good idea. We have the twin bed setup in the rear that can be a king, but it does allow some separation of space even in such a small area.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

Mokan_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your comments. We are still a ways away from purchasing, but plan to pick our Unity up from the factory. I grew up in ND, and plan to make our first trip back to Medora.

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting and encouraging experiences. We are arguing between the MB and the rear twins. Looking for a good deal loally.

cheers

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 LTV Unity U24MB which has been our home since April 2014. We replaced the refrigerator with a compressor fridge in May. We were in Alaska all last summer, spent the winter in Arizona and New Mexico, went across Texas and Louisiana to New Orleans in March and April, travelled up the River Road to Minnesota and Wisconsin for May and June. Since then we have been in Wyoming, Montana and Idaho working our way over to Bend, OR. The Unity MB has worked out very well for us.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
They are as good as they look in the photos. :C I had the Chevy based Libero rather than the Unity.

I just downsized from an LTV and you would be hard pressed to find anything significant to complain about in any RV that LTV builds. My only irritating and expensive issue in the 4 years that I owned it was with the Onan generator. (will never own another one... LOL) Sadly a common problem that LTV can't control.

I lived in ND not far from the factory, and they held my warranty. The people at the factory are great and stay helpful even after the warranty is done. The internet forum where I found the most Unity and other LTV owners posting was Sprinter forum

If you can afford the price tag, you won't regret buying a Unity.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

Moved from Forum Technical Support