cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing water damage on the old Dodge (pics)

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I got started on my summer project the last couple days. I found this thing on Craig's list for $100 and drove it home. It's a 78 Dodge Monaco 23' with a 440. Here's what it looked like when I brought it home.

Ok, time to dive in!

Oh man, I can't believe the huge bag of rusty screws I have already! It's actually not as rotten as I was thinking it was going to be. Just in the corners, where the screws need to be. Still so much to remove....
Malcolm
813 REPLIES 813

CISCO8325
Explorer
Explorer
cool another project ,but lets finish the first one.I'm gettin ancey...hee heee

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still around, just waiting for the right day to dive back into it.

I got a snow shed given to me. It's in pieces, but I got a lot of it. It'll make a 12x28 footer. Might be nice to put the RV under if I can make the walls high enough to clear the AC unit. I'm going to try and figure out where to set it up Saturday. If I get anywhere I'll take some more pics. 🙂

Malcolm

pammi
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, it's been a while since we've heard anything. Withdrawls
2004 Rockwood Roo 23B (new to us in April, 2007)
2006 Nissan Xterra

When we camp, it's DH & me mostly. :B

CliffordB
Explorer
Explorer
So how did the project go? I am considering one very much like yours.

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
The weather is starting to improve, but not on the weekend when I could do something about it. One of these days I'll have a post winter storm update.
Malcolm

BJean
Explorer
Explorer
I really need to know if you have done anything. It has been a long time.

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
That would be fun, but the travel time would be a killer! 🙂
Malcolm

lwbfl
Explorer
Explorer
I keep offering to house your project in Florida, you can visit on weekends to work on it.
1976 Myself and Wife
2009 DD
3 Doggies
2016 Chevy Z71
2021 Coachmen Apex 253RLS

pammi
Explorer
Explorer
No, don't get sick. We'll try to order you some warm weather.
2004 Rockwood Roo 23B (new to us in April, 2007)
2006 Nissan Xterra

When we camp, it's DH & me mostly. :B

Kendas
Explorer
Explorer
That's okay Mr. George... I just want to see it all framed up before you skin it. 🙂

I only lack three things to do mine... A working body, the skill and the money. So I'll just keep watch this thread as I have from the beginning and dreaming.

Ken
1978 21ft Tioga Dodge 440 Motor,
4.5kw Generac and 80 watts Solar
1984 Goldwing Interstate (Daily driver)
Misc Things I've done to my RV pictures

USAF Retired
To Err is human... To Forgive is not SAC Policy.

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
The snow's gone and the waters have all receded. We have had a few nice days but it's freezing out there and I don't feel like getting sick to keep the project moving. Everyone send some warm thoughts up this way when you get a chance. :B
Malcolm

Spectramac
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear it. The snow is just about gone outside, now flooding is the story of the week. I'm up on a hill so I don't have to worry about it too much, but it's still making for a lot of headaches all around. 😞
Malcolm

bigunone
Explorer
Explorer
WOW I am unsure what happened I quit getting updates, so I assumed there were none. Then I checked in tonight and found 10 pages!! Well since winter has set in I have found that I too have water running down the wall into the sleeper of my rig unfortunately since I live in it full time taking it apart is not an option at this time. Awaiting further updates.

TABJAB1
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have enjoyed following your progress. When my wife saw me looking at your pictures she thought they were from one of my projects. She said that your wife must be a saint and she is willing to form a support group for her while you are on your project :). You have been given good advise from others who know what they are talking about. My only advise is to take your time and cheap is expensive (that was some thing that I learned on my first project). I can tell you are a detailed person. So I have no doubt that when you are done you will have a rig that will turn heads.

TomW2
Explorer
Explorer
At least you were able to get into your canvas building. There was so much stored in mine that a person could barely get around so I was unable to clear the roof of mine this year.

This is the result of 8-10 inches...

Actually, as more snow fell and then got rained on it bent further, especially the far end.

That was a 20 x 40 tall "garage". Somewhere in there is the lawnmower, BBQ, tool cabinet, Thule car top carrier, my toad tow gear, motorcycle, etc. At least I know where the large air compressor is - that is the motor/compressor under the green tarp where the roof seam split and exposed it to the elements.
Tom (driver, navigator & cook)
Ruth (bottle washer)
Dollie (wire haired fox terrier)
Buddy (terrier cross - pound puppy)
2004 Minnie Winnie 30V
2005 Suzuki XL-7 4x4
US Gear Tow Brake
Roadmaster All Terrain Falcon 2 tow bar