cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

for better or worse traded off the old coach

Michigander
Explorer
Explorer
For better or worse we traded off our old friend this weekend for a new 2016 Itasca Sunstar 31BE. While we despise the metal bins that Winne uses, at the end of the day a 20K difference to get roto-cast storage bins just was not worth it. The bins on the old Sightseer were literally rotting off. At first glance the Sunstar is definitely down the food chain from the Sightseer. It has more road noise and the furniture and cockpit seats are not as nice as the Sightseer but it is very adequate for our needs and will serve its purpose until we get to retirement and perhaps even into retirement with a few minor upgrades. The new Ford 6 speed transmission is very nice to drive and is a big improvement over the older five speed.
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
Honda civic toad "RGOCART"

"A father measures his wealth not in his possessions, but in the happiness of his family"
2 REPLIES 2

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Michigander wrote:
For better or worse we traded off our old friend this weekend for a new 2016 Itasca Sunstar 31BE. While we despise the metal bins that Winne uses, at the end of the day a 20K difference to get roto-cast storage bins just was not worth it. The bins on the old Sightseer were literally rotting off. At first glance the Sunstar is definitely down the food chain from the Sightseer. It has more road noise and the furniture and cockpit seats are not as nice as the Sightseer but it is very adequate for our needs and will serve its purpose until we get to retirement and perhaps even into retirement with a few minor upgrades. The new Ford 6 speed transmission is very nice to drive and is a big improvement over the older five speed.
Good Luck with your new coach! I have a 12 year old Winnebago that I bought new in 04 and, my storage bins are fiberglass?

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations on your new coach.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain