cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who _insist_ on a unique RV

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
I present this without comment, beyond noting that the builder has a very high opinion of himself... https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/rvs/4413478781.html

Jim, "Sorry, I think I hear Murphy's Law snickering."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')
20 REPLIES 20

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was thinking it was $16,500 then I had to go back and look at the price again. Didn't really get my juices flowing at $16,500. Now I think the guy is REALLY proud of it. I bet the termites get it before he gets an offer....

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Robert78121 wrote:
It's got a lot of wood...I guess that's good. I wonder what it weighs?

That's what I was thinking, too! Everything he used for building materials is heavy...
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
For starters, it looks like you'd need a stepladder to get in and out of the rig. Then there's possible termite or woodpecker damage. And I sure wouldn't want to be within 30 feet of a campfire - ever. 🙂
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

WrongWayRandall
Explorer
Explorer
It certainly looks interesting - I really like the wood stove and the entry door. The all wood interior is amazing too. That said, if I were going to spend that kind of money I'd build one myself just how ~I~ wanted it to be. As for the books, I would have expected more (but I'm weird like that.)

- Randy
1975 Westfalia Campmobile "Backroads Wanderer"
2014 Rockwood A122 hard side popup

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Tiger4x4RV wrote:
In some countries, they call these housetrucks. I've never seen one that appeared to be as well-made as this. Maybe the seller gets his joy out of the design-build process and isn't interested once the product is finished?

Googled "housetruck" and found some really unique ones! Even the Clampetts probably wouldn't ride in some of them 😄
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Not what I would want but I have to admire his work!

You always can count on the Americans to do the right thing. After they have tried everything else. Winston Churchill
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting he doesn't mention what motor is in that chassis. I think I know why. That much brass and wood just screams "old" to me. Didn't see any A/C either.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
The interior looks like a Bordello! 😮
Ray

Community Alumni
Not applicable
mrlightrail wrote:

Just like folks selling restored cars. Many hours of labor and parts, but at least they are realistic that they aren't going to get that back in a sale.

Exactly!

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
In some countries, they call these housetrucks. I've never seen one that appeared to be as well-made as this. Maybe the seller gets his joy out of the design-build process and isn't interested once the product is finished?
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

mrlightrail
Explorer
Explorer
mumkin wrote:
He may know costs and how much labor went into it... but I'd say his chances of getting that much are slim or none. People with that kind of cash lying about are usually too smart to get overcharged for any product...

Just like folks selling restored cars. Many hours of labor and parts, but at least they are realistic that they aren't going to get that back in a sale.

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
nICE JOB!
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
He may know costs and how much labor went into it... but I'd say his chances of getting that much are slim or none. People with that kind of cash lying about are usually too smart to get overcharged for any product...
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

campingcanuck
Explorer
Explorer
How about how much all those books must weigh???? Who travels with that many books?
2011 Audi Q7 TDI with Tekonsha P3
2013 Keystone Outback 210rs
Party of five (Me, DH, DD, DS, DS) & Katie (Loyal Chow Chow)