cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Foremost Insurance Experience

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
My policy with Progressive is due in September and the premiums have continually gone up. I have a good quote from Foremost but would like to check with those who may be insured by them. Any advice on Foremost's coverage of a Class A ? Thanks.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package
7 REPLIES 7

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
USMC46 wrote:
My policy with Progressive is due in September and the premiums have continually gone up. I have a good quote from Foremost but would like to check with those who may be insured by them. Any advice on Foremost's coverage of a Class A ? Thanks.

We've been insured by Foremost Insurance since 1995 on both our first coach and current 2000 coach. In all the years we'v experienced excellent no hassle claim service and no premium increases resulting from claims.

We have full coverage with $250 deductible and our 2017 annual premium was $838.00

Based on our experience With Foremost I can highly recommend them.

Good luck with your choice of insurers and safe travels.
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Not Class A but I had Foremost coverage for a moble home back when hurricane Charlie came through. The Foremost rep came out and gave me a more-than-sufficient check even before the power came back on.

Therefore I have Foremost fulltimers agreed-value coverage today.
-jbh-

path1
Explorer
Explorer
We have them...
Reason is, many years ago a neighbor on New Years eve had a tree blew over onto his trailer. Not a tree falling down like the cartoons, where something is smashed flat. Just a tree that fell over against his trailer after lots of rain and then a wind storm came in and blew over a big tree. Tree was leaning against trailer. Neighbor called in order to start a claim or what we were thinking to leave a message. Remember it was New Years eve. Believe it or not...A real live person answered the phone!!!! And neighbor was able to start the claim process. Between a back hoe and a tow truck pulling the tree off and back, the neighbor and I then cut down the tree (at one in the morning), so that no more damage occurred to trailer. They paid for tow truck bill but the back hoe, they would not pay for. The neighbor with the back hoe that we got up at one in the morning they said he was not licensed to be in business, they denied the $100.00 claim for his back hoe services (really getting him up out of bed at one in the morning). Anyways...

After that we signed up for them and have had great service for many years. with them. Although only one claim (water line broke in our RV) After drying out (no damage) and nothing became of the claim. And by the way that was the last time we used the city water connection. Probably 5 or so years ago.

However something to watch out for in my opinion...is something they offered the last couple times they called was something called "sewage damage" or something like that. After couple questions, turns out "sewer damage" in their opinion was damage from sewage back flow from sewer. Not a sewage back up from a "campground setting" but a sewer maintained by a city or town? Still fuzzy to me what they were really offering. Worth asking more questions what they really cover, if they offer this to you.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Had Farmers (Foremost) and premiums creep up EVERY renewal.

Went back/forth with agent each time.

Finally agent stated.cancel policy and I can write new one for less ????
So I Cancelled.

Then went with Foremost thru AARP.
Higher coverage, less costs and 1 yr renewals vs 6 mos with Farmers.

Foremost has been around for years.
So far so good.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

gvisnic
Explorer
Explorer
I also have Farmers, had hail damage to awning and two slide toppers, called Foremost, explained the damage, they called right back with a $ amount and sent the money quickly. Did not even have to send in pictures or take to a claims center. full coverage on my 34' 2005 Hurricane is $43 per month, and drops to $22 per month when in winter storage. I raise the deductible up to 5K when stored.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
We insure thru Farmers, the claims are processed thru Formost.

We made a claim and was settled in a week, money was transferred by electronic messaging into our account we use for this type of dealings. The agent was more than fare with the allowances for my labor as the deductible.
On the windshield they covered 100% of the glass company's estimate.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
My progressive policy is for the value of the MH which goes down every year and so does the bill.