cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forest River Motorhomes RV One Superstores????

BOJU_0121
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a motorhome from Orlando RV and picked it up at Buffalo RV. The coach is a Forest River Berkshire. On pick up the problems started. We were told by the tech that the generator would not run and they pulled the carb and could find nothing wrong. That should have been a warning. Since when does a diesel generator have a carb. Our delivery person was a real trip. No matter what was wrong he just skipped over it. We left the dealer with the coach and went home to inspect the coach as we did not want to get arrested in New York. Nine pages and hundreds of pictures later and Forest River wants a second chance but is no willing to tell us how they intend to repair the coach. If you are even thinking about a Forest River please contact me. I will forward some of the pictures of our $262,000.00 coach. Our pictures will change your mind about both, Forest River & RV One Superstores.
49 REPLIES 49

JTHarley
Explorer
Explorer
bounder35 wrote:
I think you should sell the coach and buy a tent and stop *****ing ! And what does a disabled vet have to do with it ? Be a man call fr and make plans to take it back to the factory and they will fix all your problems.

Wow, be a MAN?

Don't know about this poster but if I spent over $150K on a motorhome or $100K or $80K and things did not work you bet I would be P*@&&* off too. Give me a break.
Jim , MJ & Spirit of Sambuca Bear
2015 Dynamax DQ320XL
Jeep Sahara Toad

jcollins62
Explorer
Explorer
bounder35 wrote:
I think you should sell the coach and buy a tent and stop *****ing ! And what does a disabled vet have to do with it ? Be a man call fr and make plans to take it back to the factory and they will fix all your problems.

With this comment, my advice to the OP is to end this conversation. You have enough on your plate without having to respond to garbage like that.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
bounder35 wrote:
And what does a disabled vet have to do with it
I think that referred to the battles some of us have fought on principle alone. If you haven't been there, you will never understand. Just another way of saying "A man does what a man has to do!".
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
That was a bit harsh don't you think? ^
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

bounder35
Explorer
Explorer
Nick & Patti
2011 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

Toad 2004 Hyundai Elantra
FMCA # 399505

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
JTHarley wrote:
DanTheRVMan wrote:
BOJU 0121 wrote:
Forest River is going to try to spend as little money as possible to get us to accept the coach.

Forest River needs to contact us, propose how they plan to repair the defects in our coach, get our approval to their plan, and then do what we settle on.

We do not believe that poor craftsmanship is a warranty item that only the manufacturer gets to decide.

1. Yes they want to minimize their expenses while fixing the MH.

2. Actually I do not think that will be their interpretation of the warranty.

3. I think the manufacturer does get to determine the level of craftsman ship sold in their coach as long as things "work".

I understand why you are as upset as you are especially considering the issues with the dealer, but I would change course and try to work with FR if I were you.

Couldn't agree more........

I have to agree with this. After reading the thread, there is nothing I would consider craftsmanship. Craftsmanship would be the body and interior walls, floors, roof, cabinets, etc.
Would it have been nice if the generator worked, the microwave light, etc? Yes it would have been. I would take a deep breath, and work with FR on the issues. I would even take it to where FR wants to, see if they actually fix the issues. Document all of it, keep good notes. If they don't fix it, you will have something to take to FR and ask for another shop to repair it.
I have a feeling from reading this you won't be happy no matter what they do.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
And if the dealer is 250 miles away, I think Forest River should comp you the fuel and maybe even put you in a motel, depending. Or arrange for a closer Forest River Dealership. Or arrange for work to be done at the factory comping the the expenses.

Ron8877
Explorer
Explorer
If you bought a whirlpool wash machine, took it home and it didn't work what would you do? You would call a whirlpool service center to come fix it. You don't get to tell them how to fix it. You would just let them fix it. This mh is the same way. FR gets has the right and responsibility to fix it. That is the first step in getting the mh fixed. I think that you would be best served by sending the mh back to the factory to be fixed. I would also hope that this many problems would be an exception to the rule rather than the norm. I think that the only FR product I have been in was a park model trailer and the little I saw of it it looked great. Good luck.
Ron
Ron & Ali Workentin
www.ali1257.blogspot.com

JTHarley
Explorer
Explorer
DanTheRVMan wrote:
BOJU 0121 wrote:
Forest River is going to try to spend as little money as possible to get us to accept the coach.

Forest River needs to contact us, propose how they plan to repair the defects in our coach, get our approval to their plan, and then do what we settle on.

We do not believe that poor craftsmanship is a warranty item that only the manufacturer gets to decide.

3. I think the manufacturer does get to determine the level of craftsman ship sold in their coach as long as things "work".

I understand why you are as upset as you are especially considering the issues with the dealer, but I would change course and try to work with FR if I were you.

Couldn't agree more........
2015 Dynamax DQ320XL
Jeep Sahara Toad

DanTheRVMan
Explorer
Explorer
BOJU 0121 wrote:

Dan
Tiffin Phaeton
Allegro Red 36ft Sold

JTHarley
Explorer
Explorer
BOJU 0121 wrote:
Why does everyone here think we have to allow Forest River to repair the coach without our input. Forest River is going to try to spend as little money as possible to get us to accept the coach. Did we buy an acceptable to Forest River Coach? Forest River needs to contact us, propose how they plan to repair the defects in our coach, get our approval to their plan, and then do what we settle on. We do not believe that poor craftsmanship is a warranty item that only the manufacturer gets to decide. Maybe we are shooting ourselves in the foot, but being a disabled vet I've had that problem before. HA HA

I think it is reasonable that you should pick the dealer that is convenient to you and then ALLOW forest river to work with them to fix all your issues. Unfortunately, once you make this a legal issue Forest River may back off and simply let it play out.
2015 Dynamax DQ320XL
Jeep Sahara Toad

BOJU_0121
Explorer
Explorer
Why does everyone here think we have to allow Forest River to repair the coach without our input. Forest River is going to try to spend as little money as possible to get us to accept the coach. Did we buy an acceptable to Forest River Coach? Forest River needs to contact us, propose how they plan to repair the defects in our coach, get our approval to their plan, and then do what we settle on. We do not believe that poor craftsmanship is a warranty item that only the manufacturer gets to decide. Maybe we are shooting ourselves in the foot, but being a disabled vet I've had that problem before. HA HA

UConnrick
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar experience as the OP with my selling dealer. 4 months of limited cooperation, nothing worked on and excuses galore. As I said in a previous post, Forest River responded beautifully in part because I kept all calls and correspondence professional and reasonable. The more logical and dispassionate you can be will aid your cause.

My local repair shop did wonderful work for me prior to the purchase of my new coach. I asked Forest River if it was possible that this company be set up as a certified repair facility and FR got it done in a matter of a couple of weeks.

If the OP wants to PM me, I'll give you some contact info that may help.
2006 Forest River Charleston 40TS
330 Cat
6 speed Allison
CR-V toad
One great wife, 2 perfect kids, and Boomer(the 85 lb. Labrador Retriever lap dog)

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
cjoseph wrote:

You wouldn't expect Ford to authorize warranty repairs at a Chevy dealer would you? Likewise, Chevy isn't going to pay Billy Bob's Lube and Tires to rebuild an engine that's under warranty.

You have to give Forest River a chance or this will go nowhere.
I know a couple motorhome manufacturers who will allow warranty work elsewhere if you have no one nearby. But yes, one has to give Forest River a chance to do what is needed, cause I doubt Forest River will do that And I really think one catches more flies with honey, that they ever will using vinegar.