cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Forest River

campmansd
Explorer
Explorer
I have a sunseeker 3170 ds, I am fairly new to class c's and was wondering what other owners of this model have to say about there units????

Thanks and happy camping
10 REPLIES 10

HedoTravelers
Explorer
Explorer
mlts22 wrote:
I would say a Sunseeker is a decent product for the price you pay, and a gem in the rough. They refine their rigs constantly, so documentation may be dicey.

Were it me, I'd probably budget some extra cash into some little things. For example, if the converter isn't a three stage, yank it out and put in either a proper one or step up to a Magnum Energy hybrid inverter. Add an accumulator tank the the water pump. If accessible, replace sink traps with Hepvo waterless traps (which also double as air admittance valves.) Small things that add a lot of usability to a rig.

To me, one of the biggest sellers of a Sunseeker is that it has a fiberglass roof. If it had a rubber roof, I'd look elsewhere, as roof materials can mean a rotted heap in five years versus a rig still going strong a decade later.

Rubber roofs are long lasting if you take care of them properly. I have never seen a rubber roof rot out in 5 years. My rubber roof is going on 11 years old now with no issues whatsoever and it is outside in the weather year round through sunshine, rain and lots of snow.
Respect,
Brent

TV ~
Searching for diesel TV, Prodigy
Rig ~
Keystone Montana 3400RL
Selling 2010 Keystone Passport 256RLS

"Wherever you go, there you are"

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I would say a Sunseeker is a decent product for the price you pay, and a gem in the rough. They refine their rigs constantly, so documentation may be dicey.

Were it me, I'd probably budget some extra cash into some little things. For example, if the converter isn't a three stage, yank it out and put in either a proper one or step up to a Magnum Energy hybrid inverter. Add an accumulator tank the the water pump. If accessible, replace sink traps with Hepvo waterless traps (which also double as air admittance valves.) Small things that add a lot of usability to a rig.

To me, one of the biggest sellers of a Sunseeker is that it has a fiberglass roof. If it had a rubber roof, I'd look elsewhere, as roof materials can mean a rotted heap in five years versus a rig still going strong a decade later.

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my 2008 Sunseeker 3100ss, used in 2008, only had 1500 miles on it. Knock on wood, no problems but only get it out and use it about 4 times a year. I am up to about 11,000 miles now. Hope to get more use out of it if I ever retire.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

Robocop
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of minor issues but nothing to get all whacked about. I really love my Sunseeker especially when all is in good order.
Scott

2011 Sunseeker 3170DSF
2002 Honda CR-V toad

"Courage is the thing. All goes if courage goes."
"Do not mistake my benevolence for weakness."

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
We love our 2005 Sunseeker. If we could afford to get another RV, it would be another Sunseeker.

HockeyTownMom
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my 2015 3170ds since October. We are having issues with our Lippard slide, but nothing that I would claim to be Forest River's problem. It will be fixed under warranty and I know these slides have some issues. Other than that, very pleased with our second FR product.
Kristina, Jesse and our 5 kids
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Like my 2012 Sunseeker 2450. No major problems so far.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Posts with subject rv in them
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
My friend, who is a girl (thanks Sheldon!), claims Forest River makes the best RVs out there in terms of quality and insulation. Like me she's an engineer and has been researching RVs for her retirement. Unlike me, she's still working and doesn't have an RV and has never owned one. I'm on my 4th Class B.

She doesn't like my Roadtrek, but then if an RV doesn't have a full basement, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, ceiling fans, hot tub and swimming pool it's just not worth the trouble.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoying the heck out of my Sunseeker(different model 2690s), a year in, no major issues, love the unit.

Visit here for owners support, and factory rep, supports with info, when needed!
Forest River Forum -Sunseeker

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.