cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Allegro 31SA - No Engine Power

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up our new 2015 Allegro 31 SA Feb. 20 drove it home 100 miles no problems. Parked it in our driveway took it for a drive Saturday March 14 for the first time since we brought it home. The engine has no power. It starts fine, idles perfect but when you step on the gas to go the engine revs just a little then falls back down to and idle. If you pump the accelerator you can get it to go but it takes a while. Once you finally do get it up to speed say 65 mph it runs fine. When you stop to take off again the only way you can get it going is easy on the accelerator until it dies out then start pumping. This is the Ford F53 chassis with the V-10 with 900 miles on it. The first thing I thought of was water in the fuel, I've put 8 bottles of Heet in it hasn't helped yet. Of course I can take it to Ford but I wanted to make sure it wasn't something simple first. Anybody have any ideas?
15 REPLIES 15

katoomer
Explorer
Explorer
Ain't that always the way
2009 Newmar Ventana 3942
2010 Pace Shadow 18ft
2010 KTM 450 XCW six days
2010 Can Am Outlander 650 XT
2014 Can Am Outlander 500
2007 Yamaha YZ250F
1989 Douglas Skater 21' Twin 2.5s

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to the dealer today and guess what, it ran perfect for them! They plugged it in and checked it on the computer and everything checks out. They drove it almost 30 miles with no problems. I drove it home, no problems. How did I know this would happen? :R Well it's still under warranty for a few years so we'll see what happens. Maybe it could have been water in the fuel and it finally worked its way through, who knows? :h I think I will drive it a few more times just to make sure it's ok before we leave on vacation anywhere..

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Thursday appt. with Ford to check out the problem. I will post what they find when I know....

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a check engine light on ?
Like the others have said it sounds like a fuel or throttle position sensor issue.
Could be as simple as a pinched fuel line also.
Your nearest Ford dealer should be able to fix you right up.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Come to think of it, I saw a story on TV about a new V10 Ford Class C that was doing the same thing. Turns out some of them have problems with the gas cap sealing which makes them starve for fuel. If you remove the cap or open it a little and it runs fine then you'll need a new cap.

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like it is going into "Limp" mode. This means something (could be a lot of things) broke and limp mode is designed to enable you to drive the motorhome to a safe spot to park it. You really aren't supposed to keep trying to drive it in limp mode.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Do not take it to the RV dealer! Go to a Ford service center that works on mohos. Good luck!

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would find the closest Ford Truck Service Center. Tiffin may help but the warranty is with Ford as the chassis builder. I would not go back to the dealer. Granted they may have been the original seller but considering Ford holds the warrant, and not the dealer, you have the potential of working thru three different parties to the problem. Dealer working with Tiffin working with Ford and all the delays waiting on someone to do something regarding schedule a tech to check the power train for potential problems.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
I'm calling the Ford dealer in the morning.

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the throttle control module. There is no cable on the new vesicles they use a wireless control module and sometimes they do not read the signal from the sender. This is defiantly a dealer problem.

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
Take it to dealer do not attempt to fix it yourself. By taking it to dealer you have established a history of a problem. Which will help if you have a problem later on.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

RVChippys
Explorer
Explorer
Do not pass go.
Do not collect $200.
Straight to dealer.
Don't mess with it.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like a fuel filter problem. This coach could have sat for a year before you got it so it is possible that the gas went bad or some debris settled in the tank.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Call the dealer.
Contact Tiffin as well.
Bob Tiffin 256-356-8661 ext. 2206
Van Tiffin 256-356-8661 ext. 2224
Lex Tiffin 256-356-8661 ext. 2231
Tim Tiffin 256-356-8661 ext. 2223
Main Office / Manufacturing 256-356-8661
Service & Technical Assistance 256-356-0261 Press 6
Ford 1 (800) 444-3311