cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Policy Violation

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Just received this private message after responding to a TPMS post.

Hello Sir,

We are having a Christmas Special at TST. You also get a discount if you are trading from another brand.

I am here until midnight daily at 770-889-9102

Thanks,
Mike Benson
TST

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

17 REPLIES 17

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK, I am going to close this thread. Would have been helpful to send me a PM. The forum rules do not permit commercial participation.."You may not use the Open Roads Forum to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors."

Unfortunately Representatives from TST are frequent flyers violating the rules they agreed to when they registered to participate on our forum.

Based on history, carefully calibrate endorsements since we have had repeated instances of TST representatives shilling.

While I think there are many satisfied members who have positive experiences with TST I am disgusted with the subterfuge and the lack of respect for the forum rules they agreed to as a condition of membership that TST representatives have shown a pattern for.

JohnnyT Moderator
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
What was the screen name of the sender of the message. I have a hard time believing the VP of Sales would be there until midnight an a daily basis. Must have been one heck of a Christmas party if he really sent that.
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is there a REPORT button when reading a PM?

If not, then delete it as your posting here will likely come to the attention of a moderator and the Person who sent the PM may find himself posting in the "Black hole forum" from now on..... That forum is stored on the Write only drive. (You'll never see another post from him).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
In the great scheme of things, does it really matter? Just ignore it and move on.

x2

Does the world really need any more rules?
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

C_SL
Explorer
Explorer
SO WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Delete it! or call him & explain how you feel about it to him! I bet you never get another PM from him! 🙂
2005 Monaco, Signature 525 Hp Cummins

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
In the great scheme of things, does it really matter? Just ignore it and move on.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
sch911 wrote:
I would say that it does violate one rule: "Solicitations by private/public agencies, or individuals for any cause are also not allowed."

I'd just notify the Moderator with the sender's forum user name so it can be dealt with.

x2

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't like it, just block the OP. Because it's a PM, not much else you can do.

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
It's a PM. Not a violation of forum rules.

But rather unsavory, in my view. I would advise the forum administrator. They may want to do something about it. Or may advise you why they might decide to NOT take any action.

Delete the PM, and forget it.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

GlennLever
Explorer
Explorer
IMO if you are not interested, delete it and move on.

Bmcgorrin
Explorer
Explorer
After I read your post I re-read the Forum rules. While I would be upset if I got a PM after posting a reply about a particular thread, I didn't see anything prohibiting a PM from a commercial enterprise. Maybe I missed it but it would seem the Forum Rukes would need to include this also.

I am disappointed, I have a TST TPMS, partly because of the recommendations on this forum. They have always giving me ecellent service. I would hope this isn't their policy to PM members to try to sell them one of their products.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
That's the brand that I had that did not work very well at all for me. Hopefully, they have re-engineered the new one's to actually work.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Being that he inconvenienced you and is "open till midnight daily", respond back. Tell him you'll be in Christmas eve around 10:00 pm
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

bigdogger
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it was a private message (PM), I am not sure how you can expect the moderators, the forum administrator and anyone else to police it. I would think the last thing anyone would want would be for PMs to be reviewed by moderators before being forwarded to the intended recipients. If my experience is any indication, the forum rules (advertising, abusive and profane language, politics, religion and general behavior like the south side of a north bound mule) do not apply to PMs. Block the sender and move on.