cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fuse box question

Britches
Explorer
Explorer
My motor home has has a 1987 Econoline fuse box my question is space #4 is a 7.5 glass fuse but there is only one metal clip to place fuse in the left metal clip is not there why ? does anyone know oh it is for the fuel pump solenoid which electric pump is in fuel tank
9 REPLIES 9

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's Britches' pic of her fuse panel

I want to confirm this is a 460 V8 with carburetor and a single fuel tank with in-tank electric pump. Then I'll try to find a chassis wiring diagram.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
It is not uncommon on older Fords with glass fuses to find a space with only one clip. It was unused in that configuration so they did not install the other clip.

It is also easy to miscount or mis identify the fuse positions due to positions of the fuses, staggering of them and the difficult to read info molded into the plastic on the edge of the opening.

Charles
2007 Winnebago View 523H on a 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis (T1N). Bought Sept 2015 with 18K miles on it, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dymanics PD4645, Chill Grille, PML/Yourcovers.com deep alum trans pan, AutoMeter 8558 trans temp gauge, Roadmaster sway bar, Fantastic Ultra Breeze hood, added OEM parabolic mirrors and RH aspherical mirror.
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Here is another, newer, photo posting link.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

ronfisherman
Britches wrote:
I want to put a picture of my fuse box on here but I do not know how can someone tell me please. Then I can explain what I am in question of

Use this link to help you post pictures.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Need to upload to something like photobucket and then post a link.

Britches
Explorer
Explorer
I want to put a picture of my fuse box on here but I do not know how can someone tell me please. Then I can explain what I am in question of

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Either unused or broken. Picture would help.
Does something not work? Is there an unattached wire?

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where have you been? Wondering about you just the other day.

Your '87 has a 460 and carburetor, right? Fuse box in the underside of the dash, driver side? Do you know if there was ever a fuse clip on the missing side? I don't remember anything like that on the '83 we had, but I wonder if Ford stuck a clip in there to store a spare fuse.

I replaced a fuel pump fuse with a circuit breaker. Can't remember the position. I think it only blew once but I decided I'd rather have a breaker auto-resetting than try to replace a fuse in the middle of the road someplace.

This diagram might help

This diagram shows a blank spot in #5

If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
It is an unused position that someone put a spare fuse in. An active live slot needs two clips for power to go through.