Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gas cards and any tips for the full time class a diesel

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all

Looking for some advise on which gas cards and discounts all are using, mainly for diesel discounts for a class a nationwide preferred thanks for your input and advise
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
2020 Vanleigh Pinecrest 392MBP
B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs
ITEM # BWRVK3305
21 REPLIES 21

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks much for your input
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ford Super Duty Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs
ITEM # BWRVK3305

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks much I have the Tsd. Also will give it a try and reply
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
LouLawrence wrote:
It should be mentioned that one of the best advantages of the TSD fuel card is that you swipe at the pump, fuel and drive away. You never have to leave the fuel island. So, so easy!

this is an old topic, but thought i would chime in with the prices being so high lately. We have saved $.75-$.90/gal in the past 2 weeks traveling south using the TSD card over pump price. Sometimes pump price is high, but still always competitive rate with discount and easy to pay and go at Island. Always buy DEF at the same time. TSD price with discount is usually, (not always) the cheapest or close in given area. We have used it across the country and have no complaints. I won't kill myself for $.10/gal savings if it means going out of my way by much.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
It should be mentioned that one of the best advantages of the TSD fuel card is that you swipe at the pump, fuel and drive away. You never have to leave the fuel island. So, so easy!

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
A Samโ€™s Club branded MasterCard is 5% off of fuel, payable in an annual cash back award.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Lou 100 percent agree in out with a class a and tow vehicle has to be easy, did the gas hunt on the last USA round trip in a c class and was some challenging stations
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
I never said it was the cheapest option, but if you are always trying to find the cheapest option you will be finding stations with poor access or no access. If you live in the area and just travel in a limited known area you will always be able to do better. I full time and don't have the luxury of searching out every station in my area to find the cheap guy (avoid cheap guys with limited volume as this is the most likely place to get bad fuel), I have to find good, convenient, fast fuel that will get me in and out quickly and safely.

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for your comments and will get a few options in my arsenal to save some money at the pump.
Good Sam .
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
LouLawrence wrote:
With the TSD/Open Roads you save .29/gallon at Love's and you save even more (varies somewhat) at TA/Petro. It saves a lot of money and you know you will be able to get in and out safely and quickly. The easy access to the Interstates is an additional bonus.

That sounds real good until you realize how overpriced Love's diesel is to begin with. The discount price at a nearby Love's today is $3.46. Their listed price is $3.79. Using TruckerPath, I can find diesel in the same area for $3.50 and still get rewards on my credit card. GasBuddy I can find cheaper diesel. Again, no single solution is best so I use all 3, and a Shell rewards card if that happens to be convenient It's a never ending battle to find the cheapest diesel around.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

BP is $.05 a gal

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks much, will look at the cash back ones today

@please check out my other posts looking for a cat engine service place in south Florida
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
With the TSD/Open Roads you save .29/gallon at Love's and you save even more (varies somewhat) at TA/Petro. It saves a lot of money and you know you will be able to get in and out safely and quickly. The easy access to the Interstates is an additional bonus.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
A Pentagon Federal Credit Union "cash rewards" card will get you a 5% discount on ANY fuel, diesel or gasoline, at ANY brand of gas station, coast to coast.

tourusa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks will take a look now
Currently coast to coast
F350 dually 2020
ITEM # BWRVK3305