cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Sam link gone?

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
I tried navigating to my usual way via what used to be the woodalls link, now Good Sam link - but now it's gone too.

Had to go through the old RV.NET.
2013 ACE 29.2
26 REPLIES 26

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Ozlander wrote:
Sounds like you all are saying this site needs some new up to date people to manage and rewrite some of the code to fix these glaring errors in the code.

Having said that, I almost never have a problem getting on RV.NET nor have a problem posting.

Not so much that, as we'd like to see maybe some attention by the IT department to update and upgrade the site. There are some cumbersome 'features' here that have been improved by practically every other online forum in the world, but not here. The 'percent' sign fault without an error message given is just one example. The 'Quick Reply' getting erased instead of carried over to 'Advanced' is another.

As I recall, this site is the most popular of all the RV'ing forums and answers to questions come quickly and are numerous...that's why I'd like to see it improved. I'm here at least once a day, sometimes many, both answering questions, and posing my own. I do appreciate the site. I'd just like to see it made better. More user friendly.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you all are saying this site needs some new up to date people to manage and rewrite some of the code to fix these glaring errors in the code.

Having said that, I almost never have a problem getting on RV.NET nor have a problem posting.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:
From time to time one or another link does not work, not sure why I uses to keep mulitiple groups of links, now I just try l 8 r

X2.. However I really appreciate RV.net, learn a lot, talk a lot, and love to hear the camping stories... It's free folks and that's my .02.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Sfla2 wrote:
what post u mean blank pg 3

Yea, new post was there then gone like a ghost
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
what post u mean blank pg 3
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Wow that post was redacted quick!

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't it be great if he shut down the whole frigging forum. Would that make you happy?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
From time to time one or another link does not work, not sure why I uses to keep mulitiple groups of links, now I just try l 8 r
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
It's too bad that's not the only issue. RV net also faults when you use practically any other special character too.

Then there's also the stupid and terrible 'Quick Reply' vs. 'Advanced Post Form' issue. You start on the quick reply, then realize you want to add a link, click on Advanced only to find your reply is gone. I've forgotten that 10's of times over the years. Now I can 'copy' the quick reply first, or use the back arrow to go copy it, but every other forum on the planet just carries your already completed partial post on over to the advanced page. Gah!

And on and on...

It's like they fired anyone that knows anything about the structure of the site and just happily take the ad revenue that comes in, never bothering to update or upgrade the site. It's a couple DECADES behind in features.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Winnebago Journey, '02

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
x2 Jim.

I can't understand why Marcus refuses to fix the percent sign issue for his RV.NET portal, which he seems to prefer. His other portals, woodalls, goodsam, trailerlife, none had the issue, but now they're all gone and the broken rv.net is left standing.

it boggles my mind

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
If your new post has any unusual characters in it, anywhere, it's rejected and gives us no error message. Something that other forums cured a couple decades ago. So, check for odd characters and remove them, then try again.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Winnebago Journey, '02

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jim@HiTek wrote:
I just tried to post to a thread and nope, doesn't work. "Site can't be reached". The same things on here that forced us to use the GoodSam portal are still wrong here.

I keep trying to start a new thread and keep getting the same message "Site can't be reached". Yet, it let me post this message.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years I've gone to the 'suggestions' thread here on RV.net many times and made suggestions with hopes that they'd actually fix something. This forum is like from the dark ages...and apparently always will be because they never did ANYTHING about all the annoying old time features this site has.

I just tried to post to a thread and nope, doesn't work. "Site can't be reached". The same things on here that forced us to use the GoodSam portal are still wrong here.

I mean, really, what other site in the entire world faults without giving an error message when you just use the 'percent' sign in a posting? Dumb.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Winnebago Journey, '02

-Gramps-
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect that all this is a work in progress.