cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodyear RV Tire site pressures sound right?

Logthumper
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Monaco Knight 38PDQ
Tires are Goodyear 275/70R 22.5 6670 RV Load Range H
From the day we purchased the unit new, and when we picked the unit up, the tires were inflated according to the Tire Info Sticker located behind the drivers seat. I realize that this is just a weight to cover what ever the user may load into the unit. I have the coach loaded with about everything you can pack into the unit so I figured I probably have the weight limit maxed out, so just kept the pressures where they were.
Steer Axle: 115lbs
Drive Axle 95lbs
I have had no problems with the ride etc. But had the unit weighted and this is the info from the scale:
Steer Axle: 11,300 lbs
Drive Axle: 18,300 lbs
From the Goodyear Tire Pressure Chart it appears that the following pressures should be used:
Steer Axle: 95 lbs
Drive Axle: 85 lbs

WOW that seems low.

Give me some feed back
Monaco Knight PDQ38 2007
Cummins ICS 330
Jeep Wrangler
Tire Sentry
DeLorme GPS
Brake Buddy
Wilson Remote Ant & Amp
Surge Guard 50 amp
Frank's 50amp Voltage Booster
Trik-L-Start
Coolant Filter
Pics at
http://community.webshots.com/user/logthumper
6 REPLIES 6

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
If the tires are wearing fine and you have no problem with the ride or steering why change?
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable 😛
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming you have confidence in the weights, go with the chart. I had my coach weighed for the first time last week and ended up reducing the pressure in my duals by 40 psi, and the steer tires by 20 psi. It no longer feels like I'm running 22.5" rocks.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I would always add 5 to 10 psi to the chart allow for possible side to side differences along with natural loss of pressure between service. (not to exceed sidewall max)

Modracer
Explorer
Explorer
We run 105 steer, 95 drive axle with the rig in my signature.
06 HR
Ambassador 38PDQ
04 Liberty

BillofPA
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP: The are the pressures the chart said I should run. I added 5 lbs. and have been doing that for 9 years with no problems.
Jenny & Bill
2004 H/Rambler Ambassador 34PDD
Cummins ISC330 Allison 6 speed
2003 Chevy Malibu Toad
Our new Yorkie, Daisy.

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
My Fleetwood had the GY G670s and the front weights are 4,468 and 4,619 lbs and the rear is 7,942 and 7,800 lbs. With the GY I kept the tires at 105 front and 95 rear. It is higher than the charts, but not much and gives a good ride. I am now riding on replacement Firestone on the rear and Michelin on the front, but using the same pressure.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B