Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google visits Michigan

okgc
Explorer
Explorer

http://www.michigan.org/googletrekker/

Through a partnership between Pure Michigan and Google, many of Michigan’s iconic destinations are now accessible to people all around the world through Street View in Google Maps. Google’s Street View Trekker is a backpack system with a camera on top that is worn by an operator who walks through pedestrian walkways or trails on foot – or in the case of some Michigan locations by kayak. The imagery is captured automatically and stitched together to create the 360 degree panorama seen on Google Maps.
2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with GMC Envoy
Alaska 2015
7 REPLIES 7

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Just looking at that first picture on the Big Mac bridge I get dizzy. That is also why I have never been on my MH roof.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled into a gas station/convenience store on the way to work one morning (last summer), and this was parked there. It was the Street View car for Bing Maps. The guy driving gave me the entire low down on how everything works and showed me the entire setup. The entire car is basically one big computer. There is no back seat. It's all electronics. His entire job is to drive the car around everyday for eight hours on a pre-determined route. If the weather is too bad where visibility is impaired too much, he can't do much that day. Very interesting.

Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Google car went by my house the day before we were leaving for a trip!

Yes it was July and there was a drought! LOL
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Google car is pretty cool to watch...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
A Google camera car toured the roads at Myakka River State Park in Florida while we were there a couple of weeks ago. I'll be checking the Street View after awhile to see if our rig and site show up. I wonder if they had to pay the day use fee to get in... 😉
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not only has Google Visited Michigan..But thy have (or had) Offices in Ann Arbor..On of their ex employes is a friend of mine. (Oh, the "Ex" Was because she got married and moved out of state, thus she left them on good terms).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Neat. But I would rather see it on google than from the top of the bridge.

I was standing outside near the curb 2 years ago when the google car came by. Look at street view a month later and sure enough, there I was. :C