cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hanging a picture

mydrummerrocks
Explorer
Explorer
we just bought our first motorhome, its a class a winnebago, i want to hang a picture on the wall and am not sure if i should use a regular nail or if there is something special i should use.
11 REPLIES 11

mydrummerrocks
Explorer
Explorer
you guys are awesome, love the 3m command idea too. no holes, easy for resale down the road.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Where I live 110 degrees is common...106 yesterday for example.

When the RV is not in use it can get extremely hot inside and anything that uses glue to hold it to the wall always falls off.

Also moving down the road can put a lot of stress on the hanging device.

So be careful.....
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just hung a picture yesterday using the Command velcro hooks. They come off of the wall cleanly when you no longer want them there and by using velcro instead of wire, you don't have a hole in the wall or the picture rubbing back and forth. Use their coat hooks also.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
You do not want to make any holes on the walls of a coach. What the wife uses is some stuff that looks like a putty and as long as the temperature is cool they will hang in real good, but if you leave the coach in storage and the temperature gets hot, the putty will soften and the picture will not stick to the wall. But it has worked for us.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
3M Command Picture and Frame Hangers,they will hold up anything and they come off cleanly.

I just moved some things and had to remove the hangers and they came off just like the they said they would,cleanly and did not leave a mark.

Just follow the instructions.

The hooks are great too.I use them to hang heavy coats.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

jsmart
Explorer
Explorer
There are several types of removable strips that will not hurt your walls when and if you need to take them down. Walmart/Target or any store like that will have them near the picture frames. We've used them at home and on the camper with good results.
2002 Itasca Sunrise 32V

owenssailor
Explorer
Explorer
x2 3 M Command strips are great!
2011 Jayco 28U
2012 Chev Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 6 spd 3.42 (sold)
2017 Chev Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 8 spd 3.42
Equal-i-Zer 1400/14000
RotoChocks

Koop
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the 3M Command products. We love them, no holes and can be easily removed.
Mike
2003 Alpine Coach 40MDTS
400HP Cummins ISL

mydrummerrocks
Explorer
Explorer
wow, thanks for the quick response, i'll try it. been using museum putty for my candles and stuff on counters been stuck on walls though.

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I have used a residential picture hanger with the little hook and then used double sided tape on the bottom of the picture to prevent it sifting and moving.
Have had a 2X2 in our bathroom with this method for 3 years now and it is still secure.

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
Its not special but when we put things on the wall we use the proper comman strip for the project.
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4