Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Noisy water pump

Our water pump starts out quiet but then starts to chatter --- almost as if there is air in the line. The first couple of days out this season the pump ran quietly. The water flows smoothly the entire time and I have checked to make sure that the p...

dufferdj by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning Damage

Do most RV insurance policies cover damage done to an electric awning? I'm referring to a comprehensive/collision type insurance policy or an extended service plan such as Good Sams? Our RV repairman was surprised when we told him neither policy will...

Road Trip from TX-CO-UT-CA

Planning a road trip from starting from Houston, TX with stops in southern Colorado, Utah, and then Los Angeles, California. I have a 30ft MH and will be towing with car dolly. Looking for some input regarding driving conditions like mountain drivi...

txnese by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Minnie Winnie 31G Water in Compartment

I have a 2018 Minnie Winnie 31g. I have had an issue with water accumulating in one of the storage compartments. It is the driver's side in front of the rear wheels. Another 31g owner contacted me with the same issue, however I am not sure if it's th...

4gone by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone own a 2013 Coachmen Pursuit or know about them?

Hi all! We are looking at a 2013 Coachmen Pursuit 31BDP. I wonder about the quality? From the photos, it looks like entry level. Do they hold up well? We are trying to stay as short as possible, and came across this model.If anyone has any exper...

Need help to understand weights on RV

Being a total newbie, I can't understand these terms and figures. Could surely use some help to know what is the cargo carrying capacity and how much of a toad we can tow. GVWR - 22,000FRONT GAWR - 8,000REAR GAWR - 14,500BASE WEIGHT - 18,300GCWR - ...

Roof Coating

Good Morning!I am the proud owner of a retired Cruise America Class C. I have had it for just over a year and we have had several trips already. Fall is in full swing right now and I am doing some maintenance on the RV. I had decided that I wanted to...

Joe_Y by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Water heater

The electric side of the water heater isn't working. This happened once before and the dealer put a new element in it. I'd like to do it myself and I'm sure someone here has done it. How hard is it? And any place to order the element from or vide...

C20 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Sad day for these folks in Alabama

Their towed caught on fire, they didn't catch it. A passing vehicle alerted them but it was too late. Watch what happens when they open the coach's door. Anytime the fire fighters take a hose INTO the coach, it's not going to end well...DennisToad ca...

12 or 14 ply, What Do You Use On Your Motorhome Tires

The reason I am asking cause I just bought my 2nd time around on 14 ply 245/70-19.5 tires on my 20,500/25,500 lb chassis motorhome, the factory had the Goodyear 12 ply but I have upgraded to 14 ply, the thicker the ply the harder the drive but the sa...

timmac by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

I-40 thru Smokies

Looking at going thru Smokey Mts which would take me from Knoxville area to Ashville, NC via I-40. Been over 40yrs since I've driven that stretch....wondering how the road is now...long mountain hills? Thanks

kemer by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Are Newmar coaches constructed better than others?

I saw a Youtube video extolling the virtues of how a Newmar is built so much better than other makes. That the walls are thicker fiberglass and the studs are 16" on center, with insulation going through the studs as well. That they are easier and t...