cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headlight Lens covers

ALBQ
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a source for Headlight lens covers for a 1999 Monaco La Palma. Talked to Monaco and all they have is the complete headlight assembly. They could not even give me the part #, just that it was a Ford product. So I thought I would tap the vast amount of knowledge available here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Thanks.
We'll be friends until we're senile-then we'll be new friends:::::
13 REPLIES 13

kahoona
Explorer
Explorer
I found a way to take it to the next leval. I did get the 3M kit and I did our 2002 Coachmen Mirada, 97 Subaru Outback and 97 Honda Civic. It did work great. I had done the headlamps on the RV before and they fogged over again within 6 months. We live in S FL and often tour the Southwest and I think the sun just does them in.
Here is the trick. I got clear heavy plastic covers for all three vehicles. While these covers are usually used to "black out" headlights they also make them in clear. When getting them for the Mirada I had to locate the numbers on the lens edge and do some research. They were mainly made for use on a Polish truck but also one or two other vehicles. There is an art to installing them. They can't be touched in the inside, cleanliness is important, they use slippery mixtures of dish soap and distilled water to float them into place and the water is squeegeed on. Because the lenses are curved they have to be stretched a bit to fit which requires a heat gun. Three years later all three vehicles look like they have new headlamps. The Honda ones would have been over $600 to replace and the Mirada a similar amount. I saved a fortune and now have headlamps that are stone chip resistant!
Kahoona

Just think of it as a boat except that it is the top that needs to be waterproof.

11B
Explorer
Explorer
3 M kit at any parts store. 19.99 and mine came out like new. Tried a bunch of the liquid cleaners with no luck.

ALBQ
Explorer
Explorer
Many thanks to everyone who responded. RV.Net is a great place made so by the individuals who take the time and effort to help others.:)
We'll be friends until we're senile-then we'll be new friends:::::

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
There is a pair available on Ebay for $56.69 plus shipping. Go to Ebay and under search put in "New Ford Econoline Van 1997-2007 Set of Left and Right Headlight Eagle Eye". Hope this helps. I purchased headlight assemblies for our Newmar from Rock Auto. They're great to deal with but I didn't find anything on there site for the headlights you need. Good Luck.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

Tntman
Explorer
Explorer
If you can get the lens clear again. Use clear coat spray paint on them and they will never fog again.
ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST,
Mike, Jill and our dog Goshe
Our Booger dog is with us in a custom urn, miss ya Boogs
2003 Tiffin Phaeton, Roadmaster tow products, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Good Sam, SKP, FMCA F292654

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
If you can read the part number at the lower edge of the light assembly, do a search for the Ford vehicle that used it. Order the assemblies from Rockauto.com for 1/2 the Ford parts price or less. I replaced the headlights on my daughter's Crown Victoria for about 1/3 the cost from Ford. Been 3 or 4 years looked great last fall. Fog light assemblies for our 2003 Sport Trac were about 1/4 the Ford parts price from them.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rarely is Doug wrong, BUT I replaced just the lenses on my headlights. The picture I found of the OP's headlights looks like a square sealed beam unit.
I tried various polishing products and they would last for six months and then cloud back up.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a lens polishing kit by 3M and did my hazy truck headlight lenses. It worked so well that my wife decided to allow me to polish her Honda headlight lenses. It's really not very difficult.
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Motorhome Headlamps are complete sealed units, They, as well as Auto/Trucks do not have "Lense covers". You either polish them when they glaze over or you replace the complete assbly. ALL motorhome Headlamps are Automotive designed Headlamps. They do not have or design a Motorhome specific Headlamp. Doug

mfox20
Explorer
Explorer
Check this link on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONACO-LA-PALMA-1999-2000-2001-SET-PAIR-HEADLIGHTS-HEAD-LIGHTS-FRONT-LAMPS-R...
Michael

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Gasser
2013 Honda CR-V Toad

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I could not find a listing for it at Monacoers/yahoo groups. Some of that vintage were from Ford Econoline Vans. There should be a part number on it.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
If they are glazed over real bad just use anyone one of those products you hear about. Just wipe them down. I picked up something from PEPBOYS and it worked wonders for me...

AT least try that first before shelling out mucho dollars for a whole assembly...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS