cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heat pump on 13.5 AC

captpar
Explorer
Explorer
How many amps does the heat pump pull. I ' m traveling up north the end of Oct and will only have a 30 amp hookup . Never paid any attention before since I always had 50 amp hookups .
8 REPLIES 8

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
think I just said that LOL
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
12 to 15 amps. Doug
Doug is correct my Winnebago runs on 15 amps. When I hook up to 30 amps my management control only allows one compressor head to run on my heat pump in my Winnebago which is enough to cool or warm things up or down unless I'm in the S.W. cooling can be a problem.

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
while you may run 2 they can't start up at same time they draw double amps. You have some kind of device which control it. So you may what to check on it my buddy's Winnebago has that. So saying that all, unites are not built the same.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
dstock50 wrote:
Watch the start up, those Amps are high, locked rotor current.

what are you talking about?? I have run two 15K units on 30 amps

dstock50
Explorer
Explorer
Watch the start up, those Amps are high, locked rotor current.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Watch for voltage drop.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
12 to 15 amps. Doug

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
In simple terms, as a heat pump your AC compressor is still running except the heat is blown in to your coach instead of outside. It will use approximately the same amount of amps as it does when the AC is cooling.