cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Adjusting Slide Height (pic)

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
Hope someone can explain how to adjust a powergear flat floor slide from the picture below. I need to raise the slide a 1/4 inch in order to install new flooring (wife wants carpet out). I have read all the powergear tip sheets and raised and lower the bracket from the adjusting screw on the bottom of bracket/railing with no luck. The full length sled on the slide floor is close to the proper height for installation above the coach's sub floor. The actual slide floor sits below the sled, riding along at about a 1/8 inch from the coach's sub floor. When I have the bracket bolts all the way down on the slots the slide does climb the hill easier but still doesn't raise the floor. Also was wondering what the adjustable swivel bolt on left does. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Will & Michelle
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38P
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
1990 Jeep Wrangler
5 REPLIES 5

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
After a little investigation this morning I found the corner of the outer metal floor was loose and was causing low clearance on one side. Still need to adjust height but when the slide is closed the clearance is great in the back, but decreases going forward because of a tilt. Once the slide is engaged to travel out it tilts forward even more for half way thru then rocks back before it descends down the hill.
Will & Michelle
1990 Jeep Wrangler

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
timmac thanks, I hope there's a way to raise it because even with the carpet it was compressing it. There's plenty of space at the top for it to be raised and for there to be only a 1/8 space at the bottom no flooring thickness is going to work without rubbing the surface of the floor
Will & Michelle
1990 Jeep Wrangler

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same slide system but was not aware that you can raise the slide out, I am not sure you can or it wont close properly, maybe try a different hard floor that is not so thick.

Southwind98
Explorer
Explorer
SoCalDesertRider wrote:
Just from looking at the pic and reading your description, it appears the height adjustments are the set bolt on the left, and the slotted holes on the right.

I would have to guess that raising both ends of that bar, and it's mate on the other side, would accomplish what you want, which is to raise the whole slide, if I understand right.

Thanks SoDesertRider, I have adjusted the swivel bolt on the left up and down with no results. maybe I haven't hit the right combination between the adjustable sections.
Will & Michelle
1990 Jeep Wrangler

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
I know nothing about the subject.

Just from looking at the pic and reading your description, it appears the height adjustments are the set bolt on the left, and the slotted holes on the right.

I would have to guess that raising both ends of that bar, and it's mate on the other side, would accomplish what you want, which is to raise the whole slide, if I understand right.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear