cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help needed,,? on 25ft Winn Itaska classc

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Neighbor lady (78 yrs old) has this motorhome,,,2006,,,bought brand new,,,has 16,500 miles,,,,newertires,,2 new coach Deka batteries,,,low hrs on the generator....she said she THINKS the waterheater is ONLY gas,,,not electric,,,is this correct ?

She said the fridge is gas or electric but does NOT run of invertor,,,is this correct ??

coach is clean,,,,entertainment ctr above drive and pass seat,,,

rear corner bed/ sofa....very firm....she wants 29k for it,,,thoughts ???

Thx
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
37 REPLIES 37

ronfisherman
luberhill wrote:
luberhill wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
luberhill wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
If the SunNova is on a Ford chassis, then buy it. If it is on the Workhorse chassis, then get some more opinions here. I think there was some serious brake issues with that chassis, and maybe not yet resolved.

Its a 2006 and it IS the Workhorse,,,they said in 31k miles never had any issues with the brakes ,,,,replaced pads but no problems,,,,,whats the issues

I "assume" that it is a New type workhorse. not just a rebranded P-30/32. if the old chassis, skip it.
bumpy

????
How would I know ??? Its a 2006 model year..is this the "old" one ??

You need to ask your question in Class A Forum.
Thread Closed.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
This may be of help to you
2006 Sunova Brochure
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
luberhill wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
If the SunNova is on a Ford chassis, then buy it. If it is on the Workhorse chassis, then get some more opinions here. I think there was some serious brake issues with that chassis, and maybe not yet resolved.

Its a 2006 and it IS the Workhorse,,,they said in 31k miles never had any issues with the brakes ,,,,replaced pads but no problems,,,,,whats the issues

I "assume" that it is a New type workhorse. not just a rebranded P-30/32. if the old chassis, skip it.
bumpy

????

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
luberhill wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:

bumpy

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:

bumpy

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
Ok the first one I spoke about is a Itasca Spirit class C,,,E450 Ford,,,NO slide,,,rear bed/couch,,,,29,000.00,,,,with 13,600 miles,,,rear tires are 7 yrs old,,,fronts are 3 yrs old...

The other is the Winnebago SunNova Class A 27ft...31k miles,,,32,000.00 firm...tires are original,,,,has 2 slides,,,rear queen walk around bed in the one slide,,,dinette in the other....

The Sunova has more miles but 2 slides, hydraulic levelers,,,new rear springs,,,one broke in Alaska,,,both were replaced....

interested In your thoughts

buy the sunnova, put new tires on it. assuming it is not older than the spirit.
bumpy

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Ok the first one I spoke about is a Itasca Spirit class C,,,E450 Ford,,,NO slide,,,rear bed/couch,,,,29,000.00,,,,with 13,600 miles,,,rear tires are 7 yrs old,,,fronts are 3 yrs old...

The other is the Winnebago SunNova Class A 27ft...31k miles,,,32,000.00 firm...tires are original,,,,has 2 slides,,,rear queen walk around bed in the one slide,,,dinette in the other....

The Sunova has more miles but 2 slides, hydraulic levelers,,,new rear springs,,,one broke in Alaska,,,both were replaced....

interested In your thoughts

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
F1bNorm wrote:
From what I can make of the description, this sounds like a Itasca Cambria 26A. Here's the brouchure LINK

If this is it, it is a so-called class B+, slightly narrower and lower than the regular C's. The Winnebago sister to this is called an Aspect. We have a 23D and very happy with it.

Norm

what is your bed set up ??? And size of the people using it

And that link isn't the unit,,,it doesn't have that plastic looking pc over the cab,,,looks like a regular class C over the cab....if it ever stops raining ill take a pic or get the mod #....plus the link model HAS a slide,,,,the unit im looking at doesnt

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
F1bNorm wrote:
From what I can make of the description, this sounds like a Itasca Cambria 26A. Here's the brouchure LINK

If this is it, it is a so-called class B+, slightly narrower and lower than the regular C's. The Winnebago sister to this is called an Aspect. We have a 23D and very happy with it.

Norm

what is your bed set up ??? And size of the people using it

F1bNorm
Explorer
Explorer

Norm
F1BNorm

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
luberhill wrote:
That bed,,,hummm,,,would be a pain,,,every time one of us gets up you crawl over and wake the other,,,I also would not want to sleep above the cab so I wouldn't want a bed there

In that case, keep looking for what you want.

The more you think about things like this, the more specific you become with what you want versus what's a good deal. Don't buy a "good deal" buy what you want.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)