cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help Needed!

1990ford_camper
Explorer
Explorer
I have a E250 ford 1990 turtle top camper van. I'm having trouble finding Any Info on repairs parts etc. Can any point me in a good direction or know where i could find Interior parts like vents? The vent in the bank over the toilet is leaking & there's a couple leaks in roof/Windows.
I am new to this & looking for help
Thanks So Much
8 REPLIES 8

Shoalster
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
This is off subject but how do you like your Turtle Top? I'm interested in the 18 footers. I like the short wheelbase.

Most of them I've seen don't have propane or pressure water. I especially like having a propane fridge but it appears most of them only have a 12volt/110 volt. I'm wondering if the fridge will get cold while running on 12 volts while driving.

The one I'm interested in has the 2 opposing couches that are 48"x68". I'm 6 foot tall and I'm wondering if there is enough room for me to sleep crossways.

Lastly: no pressurized water. That may be a downside but not sure.

1990ford_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Do service manuals still exist? When the camper was giving to me,it had a ford Bronco repair manual in it. I wild like service the engine toilet etc

1990ford_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Marine parts wow Thanks For the Tip!!! What year is your camper van? Any other Good advice for me?
I'm glad i found this forum!

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
Older Class Bs sometimes have marine parts in them as well, as I have discovered. At least, mine does! I am not sure if these parts were original or if a previous owner installed them, but if you take a part in to an RV shop and they have never seen it, go to a boat shop next!
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Peanut butter scented sticky traps work very well.

1990ford_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Any suggestions about mice? What for one with trap this Morning, not a fan off cleaning up the blood tho

1990ford_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You! I will start calling around . I Hope they will be easy fixes.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any decent sized RV parts store will have all you need. New vent caps are around 10 dollars. There are three different brands, so you need to figure out what hinge style you have. As for windows? Probably seal leaking. Window resealing is easy. A roll of butyl putty tape and a tube of Dicor. Remove the window, clean up the area, new bead of putty tape, reinstal. Finish by applying a bead of Dicor around the top and two sides, leaving the bottom to drain moisture out. This stuff is not hard todo, just be sure to use the right products. Otherwise youll be figuting it for ever.