cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hot engine compartment

ggrotz
Explorer
Explorer
have a 2005 fleetwood pacearrow 37a and would like to find out if that model is included in the poor air flow to the spark plugs and wires?
8 REPLIES 8

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
ggrotz wrote:
have a 2005 fleetwood pacearrow 37a and would like to find out if that model is included in the poor air flow to the spark plugs and wires?

Ford or Workhorse chassis?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know it gets tight under there, but still am baffled that some type of fan or cooling device has not been designed for it...
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak for the Workhorse chassis but my Pace on a Ford chassis has no heat issues. Motor runs around 200 degrees and tranny at 175 on a hot day. Can't really feel much around the dog house until we stop for awhile.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
It gets to 110 in Mountainaire now? Gosh! When I lived at Veguita it rarely got above 90. Must be the Global warming thing?

BUTCHPHI
Explorer
Explorer
My 2000 Tropical on Ford chassis still has all it;s original hoses and serpintine belt after 15+ years and 132000 miles. I figure it must run pretty cool for that to happen. The engine compartment has a mesh like material on both sides of the engine (above each front tire) that I figure routes the cooling air over and around the engine. The hottest engine temperature I have ever seen was 216 degrees engine temp and 189 degrees trans temp (according to scan gauge)and that was climbing an 8% grade at 10000 feet with an ambient temp of 98 degrees towing a Jeep liberty. Virtually no heat transmits through the doghouse.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Newmar does not run hot. The doghouse keeps out heat and most noise. We live where 110 degree is not uncommon so it must have good air flow.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
My Pace has metal plates that attach to the top of the frame and go up to the body. This funnels air through the radiator and over the engine.
Sure it still is hot under dog house but cooler then I have seen on other rigs.
Many of the plug wires are not designed for hot areas. I bought some Borg Warner ones that have silicone covering. They have lasted a couple years so far.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most all class A's due their design run hot! Is there a recall or something?