cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How high is the tax in your state

Garino
Explorer
Explorer
This is my third year of my RV tax. It has gone down but whishing for less.
year 1 3400
year 2 2700
year 3 1900

South Carolina
2013 Coachmen Freelander 22qb Chevy 4500 6L 6speed
2014 Nissan Frontier 4cyl 5speed roadmaster Blackhawk 2
Gary and Shelley
18 REPLIES 18

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
Taco wrote:
Just got the first PPT bill for my 2015 sunseeker 3170 it was $1650 in chesterfield county VA.

I really dislike the idea of personal property tax on vehicles. It penalizes people that choose one type of recreation over another. If I spent all my money on stamp collecting, building ships in bottles or chasing wild women I wouldn't owe any extra tax on my hobby. But since I want to travel in a motorhome apparently I pay 1650 bucks this year for making that choice for a hobby.

I totally hear you Taco. One of the reasons we'll be getting out of Dodge after DS is out of the nest. And also the reason we're not looking to upgrade on our C any time soon. Actually a friend at my office just bought a class C and they were also looking at a class A, but the town mill rate on the A was so much higher that it swayed their decision to a C. Annual property taxes would have been about double for them.
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
no tax in Florida. Just tag fee of about $80 per year.

X2 + sales tax at purchase
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
no fee for me
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
TN has a sales tax when you buy, but just licensing fees after. They vary by county and/or city. My licensing fee in Shelby County TN is $103.00 per year.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Taco
Explorer
Explorer
Just got the first PPT bill for my 2015 sunseeker 3170 it was $1650 in chesterfield county VA.

I really dislike the idea of personal property tax on vehicles. It penalizes people that choose one type of recreation over another. If I spent all my money on stamp collecting, building ships in bottles or chasing wild women I wouldn't owe any extra tax on my hobby. But since I want to travel in a motorhome apparently I pay 1650 bucks this year for making that choice for a hobby.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
One reason for keeping my 2000 Hurricane. Just received my SC tax/ tag renew. They valued the thing at $893 and my propert tax, tag renewal and other fees was $71. New tires would more than double the value....
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
no tax in Florida. Just tag fee of about $80 per year.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Sourdough_Biscu
Explorer
Explorer
No Sales tax, no "RV tax" in Alaska. Just license fees.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
No yearly tax and plate good for life $70

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
$1254 in property taxes last year on our 2008 Winnie here in CT.
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
No RV (personal property) tax in Pennsylvania. Just the 6 per cent one time sales tax when you purchase the RV.
Plus the annual registration fee, mine is about $100.00.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
In Georgia if it has a motor you now pay a onetime 6.7% sales/use tax. The next years you only pay a $20 tag fee. Without a motor you pay an annual ad valorem tax which is dependent upon which county you are in. On $100,000 of value it could be from $700-$1000 a year. The value goes down each year based upon in NADA values.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
One time excise tax on ownership transfer, 3 1/4 percent of sale price nominally ($20 minimum), plus $11 title fee for private motor vehicles (not necessarily trailers). There are also some processing fees depending on your documentation situation: liens, title transfers, VIN inspections etc.

Then annual tag fee (which is a tax into the General Fund) starts at $91 first time registration sliding down to $21 in the 17th year of registration.

If your RV is towable, you may tag it for $7 a year as a private trailer. Not necessary, but it helps you to have a tag on it when you go through other states, and buying the tag keeps the county assessor from taxing it as personal property (something not done in my county anyway).
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Garino
Explorer
Explorer
Break down
Tax 3rd time for it is,
tax 1949.56
tag 24.00
2013 Coachmen Freelander 22qb Chevy 4500 6L 6speed
2014 Nissan Frontier 4cyl 5speed roadmaster Blackhawk 2
Gary and Shelley