cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many don't pull a TOAD behind their coach?

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
I'm curious, if you don't pull a TOAD and I see many who don't. What do you do about food shopping, doctor visits and performing general trips associated with travel?

Of course when I see motorhomes not pulling a TOAD I have no way of knowing if that's their normal configuration? But if you don't pull a TOAD I'd love knowing how you make it work?

Thank you
37 REPLIES 37

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stop at stores between destinations to replenish food, booze, paper products as needed. We would rent cars at some destinations to see the sights. It worked for a while but we now tow and it is much better.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
many rent cars if they are going to be set up for a long period of time, some either walk, take a bus or a taxi. I would rely on a
bike if nothing else

racer99
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't have a toad how do go to the beach-visit wallmart-carry your clubs to the course-ETC. etc.

Mondooker
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there has to be a lot of places you can't get to without a toad. It doesn't just keep you from the necessities it keeps you from the fun and interesting places as well. Places you just can't take a motorhome!

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Mondooker wrote:
I'm curious, if you don't pull a TOAD and I see many who don't. What do you do about food shopping, doctor visits and performing general trips associated with travel?

Of course when I see motorhomes not pulling a TOAD I have no way of knowing if that's their normal configuration? But if you don't pull a TOAD I'd love knowing how you make it work?

Thank you

we didn't for the first 17-years (1986-2003) and got along OK. then I woke up and realized how much better RV life could be with a toad.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
When I didn't pull a toad, traveling, I would make restaurant or grocery stops on the way into the campground. If out sightseeing for the day, disconnected and just went.

Even after I got a toad, if going for a lengthy dr. Appt, I would disconnect my mh and take it for convenience.

Should I trade my fiver and truck in the future for another motorhome, I will hold off buying another toad and just take the motor home out. It will be a small one, 23 to25'.

HackerAce
Explorer
Explorer
Many of us are just heading out for the weekend and have everything we need onboard 🙂
John McKean

1999 National Tropical
1965 Shelby Cobra Factory Five MK III Kit
2015 Hyundai Genesis
2013 Polaris RZR 800 S

GreenSalsa
Explorer
Explorer
I pull a TOAD everywhere EXCEPT when I am going to Fort Wilderness (where I rent a golf cart and use busses to move around locally).
GreenSalsa lives in North Carolina, but dreams of life on the road...