cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

Me_Her__and_the
Explorer
Explorer
Rodney,
How does the new ratio seem to be working? I have been thinking of doing the same thing for the same reason, but was concerned that it would "lug" the engine to much.
Rob.

Mr_Mopar_
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
New member here who owns 78 Dodge Class C American Clipper with a 440 engine. love to see all of the posts hear about the older dodges as I have been doing a ton of work on my home, nice to see that I am not alone. I have rebuild the 440 a few years back an just last week replaced the Dana 60 rear end which was set up with 4.11 gears to a Dana 70 with 3.73's. I am looking for that extra MPG if that is at all possible. I Will check out the old posts for some questions I have. Great web site. Love the spell check here. boy do I need that!!
Rodney
Rodney
Visit my website
1978 American Clipper 21 ft. 440 Dodge.

Chicknnhead
Explorer
Explorer
i have a 76 dodge brougham and the turn signal covers on the back corner were the same as on the basic van of that year, maybe that is the same as a 78 van? never know look for one at a salvage yard

Rhonda_K_
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't think about that, and there is a repair and parts store near our house. Thanks.
Rhonda & Scott
Tasia & her Barbie fishing pool
1978 Tioga 24'
2005 Stingray 185

Me_Her__and_the
Explorer
Explorer
You may want to try the parts department at a local truck garage (MACK, Peterbilt etc). A lot of these rigs use lighting components that are in common with the big boys. I have had a lot of luck in this way for these kind of items.

Rhonda_K_
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had to replace the turning signal cover on the side on your motorhome?(Not the brake lights on the back) We have a 1978 Tioga, one of the turning signal covers is damaged, we want to replace it. I searched several websites, with no luck, we haven't been able to find the part at any autostores by us either.

Most of the replacement parts we have bought have been very easy(and cheap) to find, thought this would be too.

Thanks!
Rhonda & Scott
Tasia & her Barbie fishing pool
1978 Tioga 24'
2005 Stingray 185

Me_Her__and_the
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 24' 1977 Travelcraft, class C. She has a 360 c.i.d. V-8, 51,000 miles and is all mine, paid in full. She is a beast, but I would be hard pressed to get ride of her for something different.
I have been turning wrench on these old Dodges for 15 years. Any questions, give a shout. Happy to assist.

new_v_er
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Scruffy.

I found the Edelbrock #1905 to be around $600 new and a rebuilt around $430.
Your $333 looks good.
Regarding your LOT in Life: Build something on it ... or park your Dodge on it.;)
Bill & Laurie
1976 Dodge Sportsman Midas Mini 226

Scruffy5
Explorer
Explorer
Well I thought maybe this thread passed on!Edelbrock Carbs are super.Anyone interested,Edelbrock #1411 750 cfm ,#1932 spread bore to square and lastly #1481 chry throttle adapter. grand total $333.10 shipped to my door,had it in 4 days,online from Performance Parts Express.Straight forward installation! Of course I took mine apart to check float level etc,but i just wasted my time.they say there preset at the factory and there not lying,Took me longer to change the spark plugs then to do the carb install.Anybody still using the old thermoquad this conversion I highly recommend!

{Edited to remove for sale item}

Have a great day!:B
Scruffy 1977 25'Allegro

new_v_er
Explorer
Explorer
RobinhoodRv

Thanks for the helpfull post.

Scruffy5
How'd the installation of the new carb go?
Regarding your LOT in Life: Build something on it ... or park your Dodge on it.;)
Bill & Laurie
1976 Dodge Sportsman Midas Mini 226

RobinHoodRV
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

I see several questions asking what Edelbrock carburetor is used to replace the Thermo-quad. I also saw one posting stating that the Edelbrock is no longer being produced. I checked with the local NAPA store and they can still order it. It is Edelbrock's model #1905. It states it is a Thermo-quad replacement and is 795cfm.

Here is the web link to the description on Edelbrock's website:
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/carb_qjet.html
(scroll down to the bottom - it is the last carb. on that web page)

Hope this info helps,
-jc
-jc

78 Robinhood 23' Class C
97 Geo Tracker Convertible 4x4
87 Jeep Comanche Chief 4x4

tim-n-nikki
Explorer
Explorer
We picked up our (new to us) old Doge chassis, 24' Citation tonight.
More about Nikki & Tim is one click away at:
Tim & Nikki's site.

rlm98253
Explorer
Explorer
1974 Winnebago Expo, D-24, RM300 chassis, LA318-3 engine, A727 transmission...

Currently a restoration/reconfiguration in progress.
Currently rebuilding a derelict 1974 Winnebago Expo.
(I love a challenge.)

Mr_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone installed a Gear Vender overdrive in there old Dodge? Or any ideas that work to lower the revs on the Highway.

Winne
1978 Winnebago, Chieftain 440 Dodge. 23ft.

Scruffy5
Explorer
Explorer
:BHey everyone it's Christmas!My new 750cfm Edelbrock showed up today!Now it's raining:(The manual tells me other then looking for loose packing[supposed to be pre run and calibrated before it left the factory]new fuel line and filter,and check all old vacumn lines for wear.anything else? also are the 440 distributor full vacumn or timed?thanks now I'll go and admire it.Wish I had a pretty Chrome Air Cleaner now, Neah!
Scruffy 1977 25'Allegro