cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?

whiteknight001
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm new here, and curious.

How many of us in Class C own Dodge B300 incomplete
cab/chassis based RV's? I know two others- Steve aka
Ripsaw, with a 1977 Brougham, and Leroy aka 1978_Dodge
_Delta who owns a 440V8 powered sharp looking 1978
Delta RV. I would like to ask, and offer, help, idea
swapping and comparing notes on our particular RV's
which are based on the Dodge B300 van chassis.

Yeah, I know. These are low tech, podgy old RV's that
would be considered "entry level" for folks like me,
but I have a deep and abiding respect for the quality
of these old "monsters of the open road". And anyone
wanting to pick brains, joke about, share notes or just
brag about our old A- Dodge-io's are certainly welcome
to PM or email me. Between all of us we can form a real
good support group, and help each other with problems
we know we'll encounter with an older vehicle.

Sure. I'd love a new RV. But I'd rather have an older
one already paid for, and a lotta great memories. Call
me frugal, an old hippie, or whatever you will. I'm proud
of my old land yacht.

Mopar Madness Manifest in the flesh,

Mark aka White Knight

P.S. Mine's a '72. Is there an older one out there someone's
motorvating in? Maybe even a Travco? W/K
1972 Mobile Traveler 20' Dodge B300 Class C
"The Kobayashi Maru" Trans- Prarie Land Craft
"Requiescat in pace et in amore..."
8,369 REPLIES 8,369

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer

That's a '73 VIN plate.
'73 Concord 20' Class A w/Dodge 440 - see profile for photo

mkpj1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks,

Anybody have a picture and description of the VIN placard so I know what to look for in case this is some sort of frankenstein? Guy is adamant that this is what is on the placard for the VIN but this is obviously not a chassis VIN.

Any opinions if this is considered the VIN by the state? Should I walk?

Funny story. I bought an old 68 Evinrude and went to register it and noticed the registration tag said it was a 58. I researched the serial number and it was a 68. I told the registration lady and she said"Sir, the state of SC considers this a 58, any problems I should know about?? UH, No, No problems here, silly me it is a 58!!

It was okay as this was just a old boat motor but I'm not so sure I want to deal with DMV with an old MH.

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
It's definitely not the VIN. Sounds more like the coach manufacturer's serial number stuff.

mkpj1
Explorer
Explorer
hello all,

I'm looking to buy a 1976 sportsman (22 foot?) with what the owner states is a 318. It's in good shape and the price seemed good but when I tried to get the VIN he gave me "COLL22O454" which does not compute at all? He states this is on the door and on the title as the VIN? I do not have the liberty of looking at the vehicle myself so an ideas? Is this just the color scheme, gearing, and such and not the VIN?

Little help?

Thanks,
Ken

Lummibeader
Explorer
Explorer
It is a delta??? a 1977

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda looks like a Delta, maybe (the stripes and the angle of the cabover bed). We looked at a Delta near us but they wanted far too much $$.

75Americanclipp
Explorer
Explorer
that looks close to my american clipper, nice to see some old rv on the road.

jc

Lummibeader wrote:
Here is a picture of our RV, even with the new door and the places that we have had to repair.

Does anyone else have an RV that looks like this one????

Lummibeader

Lummibeader
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a picture of our RV, even with the new door and the places that we have had to repair.

Does anyone else have an RV that looks like this one????

Lummibeader

75Americanclipp
Explorer
Explorer
she is a big help, thanks
jc

Leeann wrote:
You have to upload the photo elsewhere, like photobucket.com. Then, using the Advanced Post Form, click on the icon at the top of the form that shows a pic (and if you hover over it, it says image or something like that). You'll paste in the complete URL of the image and click okay.

Leeann
Explorer
Explorer
You have to upload the photo elsewhere, like photobucket.com. Then, using the Advanced Post Form, click on the icon at the top of the form that shows a pic (and if you hover over it, it says image or something like that). You'll paste in the complete URL of the image and click okay.

Lummibeader
Explorer
Explorer
how do you post a picture here??? I tried and the picture never showed up
Any suggestions????

Lummibeader

75Americanclipp
Explorer
Explorer
sorry I dog house just fix on top, sorry. I don't think it's a 1975 440, some one here at work says the big blocks, look at the Valve covers are they big or small, I said they are big and wide, he say well you have a big block, I know I have to go home and check the block for the number., so when I get home I will check this out, man this funas working on my comets, all 3 of them and the new one I got, it's a 1964 comet caliente, fun fun

Big_John wrote:
75Americanclipper wrote:
it's not the motor that it came with, I just found paper work that say rebuilt motor 2500, now I am on a mission to find out cause this block is really big, the dog house just fits under it , now I am on a mission

jc

Wow, you have some problems, first the distributor is in the wrong end and now the dog house is under the engine....:B

But seriously, post a picture of the engine and lets see if we can ID it for you.

Big_John1
Explorer
Explorer
75Americanclipper wrote:
it's not the motor that it came with, I just found paper work that say rebuilt motor 2500, now I am on a mission to find out cause this block is really big, the dog house just fits under it , now I am on a mission

jc

Wow, you have some problems, first the distributor is in the wrong end and now the dog house is under the engine....:B

But seriously, post a picture of the engine and lets see if we can ID it for you.

75Americanclipp
Explorer
Explorer
it's not the motor that it came with, I just found paper work that say rebuilt motor 2500, now I am on a mission to find out cause this block is really big, the dog house just fits under it, now I am on a mission

jc

Big_John1
Explorer
Explorer
75Americanclipper wrote:
I think you have it I think you have it backwards, on the big block the dist was in the back or I could be wrong, i have a couple of books one them, I thought that how I read it, if I am wrong , sorry, but now I have to go home and check the book.

jc

Big Block Mopar has the distributor in the front.... (along with the oil pump). Leann's picture shows a 440 with the distributor in the front.

If yours is in the back (and its a Mopar!), its a small block.